How Do You Feel About Trump Now?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Babs Hunt, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I did vote for Trump but don't know if I would do it again. I'm just not happy where we are as a country right now, it saddens me and sometimes makes me angry.

I feel the extreme left and the extreme right are to blame ....there is just too much hate. Yes, we've always had differences and some ugliness in politics but it's much worse now....

Not saying it's Trump's fault but he certainly feeds into it....just my opinion of course.

I'm thinking maybe I should not have come back...:)

2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

3. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

Chrissy, do you think the divisions in our nation now are worse than during the Vietnam years? Back then, I remember families splitting up over the length of the son's hair. It was really tough times.

I liked your post except for this: "I'm thinking maybe I should not have come back.."
    "Getting to know you, getting to know all about you...........Getting to like you, getting to hope you like me" Some of the people here speak in cartoons, personally, I Sing!

4. Lulu Moppet

Registered

Nancy, thank you for quoting a great statesman, the pride of our nation's intellect. Appreciated.

5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

All I know @Lulu Moppet is that I feel our nation is at its worst....and that's sad.

One reason I left for awhile was because I was tired of all the posts written as fact....from the right, yet they constantly call everything fake news.

I don't take sides....if it's fake it's fake..even if a conservative says it...and I was seeing a lot of this on here and not in just the conspiracy section.

Decided that I'll leave instead of quoting Snopes all the time and fact checking...I know snopes is liberal biased but they do get it right most of the time because I check other sources also.

There..Ive said what's been bugging me for quite awhile....don't mean to offend anyone but just needed to get it off my chest.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Bobby Cole and Lulu Moppet like this.
  6. Lulu Moppet

Registered

George Will, a conservative republican with great intellect & foresight wrote:
    "This sad, embarrassing wreck of a man"
    "America’s child president had a play date with a KGB alumnus, who surely enjoyed providing day care. It was a useful, because illuminating, event: Now we shall see how many Republicans retain a capacity for embarrassment."
    read more at:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...1bf7847b375_story.html?utm_term=.76ac2f9b384d

7. Lulu Moppet

Registered

I wrote the above post, Joe Riley, to exchange ideas, not to insult you in any way or begin a personal argument. One of the reasons I decided to stay here is I NEED You, etc. to help me understand different points of view; not to persuade (gave up that idea 40 years ago) but to respect and learn from. Let's always promise to be cool and civil.

As an aside, my Very Best Friend, who lives in Florida (we speak almost daily), is an Evangelical Conservative Republican. We decided, and have abided by, NEVER speaking of anything that would make us feel personally antagonistic toward each other. Our friendship is too precious, and the things we do have in common too important. In our humanity, we all have more in common than we have in differences. I truly believe that.

8. Jack Knight

Jack Knight Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I don't think that all Trump had to do when he took office was to sit back and relax. Even Clinton had some platform items that touched on the problems left to work on.
    So here is my take on problems.

Trump has a cellar with water all over the floor (problems). Instead & unlike smooth talking professional previous presidents that mopped & mopped the floor (problems). Trump is going to the source to stop the water (problems).
    1.The economy [GDP] not improved before Trump took office, even though lower paying service jobs were touted as job creation. Trumps agenda is about working towards bringing higher paying manufacturing jobs back.
    2. Slowing the influx of illegals [I don't think stopping completely will ever happen] If successful then mopping up (returning those illegals already here).
    3. Trade deficit & trade agreements.

I think it's pretty obvious once you work on the source of a problem then mopping up later will stand a chance of MAGA

Bobby Cole and Ken Anderson like this.
  9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

President Trump is not perfect...but I will take his imperfections any day over what we had before. Obama spent 8 years trying to destroy the United States. President Trump is doing his best to restore our Nation and our freedom.
    images (10).jpg

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    Ken Anderson likes this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Read quickly...I may delete, lol.

Edit: obviously, I did delete it. :)

Babs Hunt likes this.
  11. Jack Knight

Jack Knight Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'll have to read faster. Why not post your opinion? It's not like anyone's opinion is going to change earth's orbit or do harm. My opinion's are based on what I see happening.
    I don't like Trump's demeanor IMO it's uncouth & un-presidential. I didn't like the racial divisive way Obama used the power of his office, for me un-presidential. Clinton & his sexcapades un-presidential. Bush 43 religious objection to the use of stem cell & stem cell research. I think every president has or had something that is/was disliked.
    Bottom line Trump was left with problems, Does demeaner impact job performance? Is Trump trying to improve the lives of all American's & yes wealthy are American's too.

For sure IMO transparency between Obama & Trump are world's apart. Trump's days are scrutinized to the inth degree. Trading 5 enemy combatants for an Army deserter was the epitome of lack of transparency.

Bobby Cole and Chrissy Cross like this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I deleted it because I didn't feel like debating any replies.

Basically I'm disappointed in him because of his behavior...that was the gist of my post.

All presidents get bashed from the other side but he's asking for it and it's a distraction and stops things from getting done....

Not many in politics here or any country want to be associated with him now and that's a problem.

Ideally it would be great if both sides could work together for the good of the country but that's never going to happen....but when you can't even work together when on the same team...that sucks.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    Bobby Cole and Lulu Moppet like this.
  13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

There's never a need to. Sometimes I will do the back and forth thing but, other times, I'll simply state my opinion and leave it at that.

14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

In politics it's usually just my opinion or how I see things and I don't feel like looking up the facts to prove my case.

Also...unbiased fact is very hard to find these days...both sides of the aisle.

15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If you ever need to know what the truth - or the right opinion - is, just ask, and I'll tell you.
    ;)

Bobby Cole and Chrissy Cross like this.