How Do You Feel About Trump Now?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Babs Hunt, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

Now that Trump has been our President for a short while, has your opinion of him changed in any way? And if so, what has changed for you?

To be honest, I'm not sure what I think about Trump right now. I'm so disgusted with our whole political and Government systems that I'm having a hard time sifting through the lies to find if anyone is telling the truth anymore...including our new President.

On the one hand I see Trump keeping some of the promises he made before he was elected, and I also see him trying to keep alot more of them too. But there is so many people and obstacles against him...that I'm not sure anymore if he can make a difference or not. And sometimes I feel that he is not being honest either.

Has your opinion changed about Trump in any way? I basically decided I was going to take one day at a time with him but I'm finding even that hard to do lately. And because of all the chaos surrounding him I can't figure out if he's making headway or just adding to the chaos.

Honestly I'm pretty much disgusted with all of it right now.

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Veteran Member
    Registered

Before he was elected - I wasn't keen on him
    Then I thought, well maybe he will be good for the US, that's what matters
    Now, I'm unsure again and can only hope he does prove to be a worthwhile President

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

He can be so sassy and mouthy, but we still like him.

Martin Alonzo and Chrissy Cross like this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

I've never liked Trump's "ego" which I think often takes center stage and turns most people off. But when @Ken Anderson shared some videos of the man he is when his ego doesn't do that, I actually liked him and I felt he understood America's problems and who was really causing them. But there are so many people causing these problems because of their Agenda for America...and so many of their puppets are still planted in the White House, and in Government positions that as worthwhile as he may be...I'm not sure if he really stands a chance of bringing real change.

5. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

im glad i voted for him. he is working diligently to keep his promises and IMO has made good progress. but his liberal enemies are doing everything they can to hamstring his efforts. the media and the dems are terrified he'll succeed. can't have that huh?? if they get their way he's to be impeached. they were totally traumatized by the election and know their party has been destroyed. by Trump and the voters. who had it up to here with liberal politics.
    he's working for us and they hate it. the dems, who i refer to as terrorist have no idea what a middle class is. and paid the price

6. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm just sick of all that's going on in Politics....I don't pay as close attention as I did before because things are always changing....I really don't know where we are at right now in regards to anything...the wall, Obamacare, etc.

Gary Ridenour likes this.
  7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

He is arrogant, but then again, I'm sometimes the same way. He's mouthy and you folks know that I can be that way also. He can have an "ego", but then again, admit it or not, some of us have that. Ok, enough.:)

8. Gary Ridenour

Registered

I hear ya. after so long I take a break away from it. NO TV !! the wall is ahead of schedule. the terrorists are fight Obozcare tooth and nail.but its one thing all citizens want to be rid of. Trump will prevail. this immigration problem is front page. the terrorists have no ears. its temp till a system is designed to check their pedigrees before entering. this and national security are are my concerns

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  9. Gary Ridenour

Registered

you need an ego for that job. if your timid and shy don't even apply

10. Missy Lee

Missy Lee Well-Known Member
    Registered

If I had been a US citizen I would have voted for him. I think he will be the president that will go down in history to defeat ISIS.

I am glad to see he has toned it down a little, glad to see he is getting along with our Prime Minister which will help with trade between the two countries.

But what I would like to see is Trump give our Prime Minister a good talking to and a spanking for Tru-dopes views on immigration.

You in the US have a fine man leading your country, a little rough around the edges but seems he is willing to listen and learn.

We hear in Canada have the dumbest thing to crawl out from under a rock leading our country.

11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

Trump was and still is the best person we could have picked as our President at this time. We need his courage, his strength, his conviction to stand up and against all those who have an Agenda for America that will only end up destroying our Country. My opinion has not changed in this. He is our David against Goliath. I can't say for sure if Trump has a heart for God like David did in the Bible, but I can say Trump has a heart for America and Americans.

In the Bible God used one man to change the course of history many times...but in the end each time mankind as a whole chose evil over good...and it is no different today. While Trump may be able to delay the inevitable for a short time...the only one who can stop satan's Agenda for America and the World is Jesus Christ. And one day Christ will stop satan's Agenda for this World...but not before evil gets a whole lot worse for everyone.

Trump is not our Savior, but he is a man who wants good and not evil for America and Americans. Unfortunately he is up against so many people who want just the opposite.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

@Missy Lee I agree Trump is a little rough around the edges...but he's better than all those smooth, polished politicians that have been playing games only they could win with us Americans.

Do the young people like your Prime Minister? He's awfuly cute, kind of like a puppy that's still wet behind the ears and needs alot of training. ;)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  13. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Trump I think is doing a fair job but I do think he has been taken aside and told by the deep state just what he is allowed to do. He is fighting the deep state which controls the media and pretty well run everything from behind the scene. Now the VAULT 7 shows that everyone has been tapped and the deep state is trying to control all.
    On a positive side he has done more in doing what he said than any other living president.

14. Patsy Faye

Registered

Yes impressive so far

15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

Candidate Donald Trump shocked America and the world when he threw his hat into the ring for president back in 2015. His position on things like immigration, national security, and America’s role in the world left the snowflake generation gasping for breath and running into safe spaces. But as you will see in this 1987 interview with Larry King, Trump’s agenda for America has not changed even a tiny, little bit.

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/watc...a-for-america-hasnt-changed-in-over-30-years/

The mark of a man of integrity...staying true to his convictions.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  16. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Well-Known Member
    Registered

Well I never liked Trump and didn't want him as president. However, the more I thought of Clinton, the less I liked the idea. I'm disappointed that she was all the Democrats could dome up with. Maybe way too much of her own baggage was the problem.

One thing that worries me greatly is healthcare. And I don't think the Republicans are too concerned with the middle class working folks. Many of who voted for him of coarse.

I guess this far into the Trump presidency, I'm still worried.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  17. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I too am worried about healthcare and social security in America under Trump. So much is coming out in the news about what Trump is going to do and what the effects are going to be, it's really frightening now. I didn't know Trump was going to do things to American's benefits. It is shocking what Trump wants to do about Mexico, building a wall, honestly, what can a wall do against nuclear weaponry of the 20th century? I can't understand why Trump wants to really accomplish by taking away American's benefits? What about you how do you feel about what Trump is doing towards social security and healthcare?

Babs Hunt likes this.
  18. Patsy Faye

Registered

That was always a concern, I couldn't see him being for the 'ordinary Joe' - just never struck me that way
    Then - I thought, well maybe ................... now - I'm back to square one with him
    As I always say with regards to Trump, it is a wait and see - and HOPE

19. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Trump is doing just what he promised to do. A very rare thing for politicians. My biggest concern is whether the majority of republicans will stand with him.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  20. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Krissttina Isobe

The old Medicare was a failing system and people voted for Trump because their rates were going out of reach to pay for the helping the unhealthy. Trump is doing what he said he would which is surprising for a politician. If you are relying on the news to hear anything about what is going on you are only going to hear the opposition side only. A wall work fine for slowing down people if the poor people sneaking across the border had nuclear weapons they would not be poor people. When you know that main street news is so corrupt believing anything they say takes a mountain of salt. I hear on the MSM people repeating lies and no one corrects them over and over again.

Holly Saunders and Yvonne Smith like this.
  21. Martin Alonzo

Registered

22. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

I remain very pleased with my vote for him and continue to believe that he has the potential to become one of our great presidents. I don't know what's going on with the health care debacle because it doesn't do any of the things that he promised repeatedly during the campaign. Although, healthcare wasn't one of the reasons that I voted for him, since I realized that there was no way that he could fulfill all of his healthcare promises will anything that wasn't funded by the taxpayers, but that is the reason why others voted for him, and this bill seems like a betrayal -- either that or a recognition that he was fooled by Paul Ryan. I don't know how he comes back from that looking good. Another fear is that he will, or has been listening to the wrong voices, who will lead him astray as they did Ronald Reagan.

Yvonne Smith and Martin Alonzo like this.
  23. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Actually, President Trump is helping Americans with their health benefits, @Krissttina Isobe , and if he is not prevented from doing what he wants to do, we will all be much better off once he can completely remove the ACA and implement something that more people can afford and have better coverage for their premiums. It seems to be the group led by Paul Ryan who are causing the most problems; but congress will (hopefully) stand up for the people on this one and not vote for Ryan's proposed health plan, which is definitely NOT a good plan for most Americans.

As for the wall, it has nothing to do with a nuclear attack, and we are not at war with Mexico. (I hope that you are not being told that on the news over there !)
    The reason for the wall is that for all of these years, we have needed more security at the southern border, and people have been illegally sneaking into this country through the Rio Grande River, which is able to be waded at some points. Many of these illegals are criminals and drug dealers from Central America, and we certainly do NOT want them coming into this country. Keeping Americans safe is one of the most important things we can work on doing.
    These criminals come up through Mexico, so the Mexican government is very upset about this, too, and there has been a lot of riots and killings in Mexico because of the drug lords.
    Once the wall is in place, it will be much harder for these people to get into the US, and so there will be no reason for them to even come up through Mexico. Building this wall will benefit Mexico as much as it does the United States.

http://www.edmondsun.com/opinion/co...cle_11277fc0-06a2-11e7-8b95-b3344ef70970.html

Patsy Faye likes this.
  24. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

Trump's concern about Healthcare and Social Security has really nothing to do with him wanting to take away American's benefits in my opinion. It has more to do with stopping our Government, Health Insurance Companies, Drug Companies, etc. line their own pockets while draining the pockets of every American who is having deductions taken out of their paychecks for these benefits. Americans are getting the shaft and Trump knows this. Even with his best intentions I don't know how he will be able to make a dent the real problems here because our Government will not quit "stealing" our Social Security interest, etc. and using it for everything but Social Security. Our Health Insurance Companies are not going to stop ripping us off so they can be rich! And the Drug Companies are going to keep right on giving us the shaft too while laughing all the way to the Bank they probably own!

As for the Wall. I don't think the Wall is going to do us that much good since it is no secret that there are tunnels the Drug cartels use, there are Americans over here that are hooked up with these drug cartels and making their own profits by allowing the drugs into America and so on and so on. We think the illegal immigrants that want to come here to make a better living for their families are the problem...and that's just what the "criminals" that come in to sell drugs to our children, etc. and cause so much violence and bloodshed....want us to think. Maybe Trump is letting those "criminals" think the Wall is for the illegal immigrants while the real plans to get rid of the "root" problem is being put into place behind the scenes. I certainly hope so.

25. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I am disgusted by the constant media-driven beleaguering of Trump, from everything he says and does, to predictions of his impeachment before finishing this term.

Such treatment would at one time not have been tolerated by the public in general, I think.

Frank

Martin Alonzo likes this.