How Did This Guy Make It Though The Airport Scanners?

Discussion in 'Travel & Vacation' started by Yvonne Smith, May 25, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Apparently a turtle fell out of the overhead luggage bin as a plane landed and people were getting ready to disembark. Someone pulled their bag out of the luggage area above them, and to their shock, a turtle fell out and landed on the person's foot !
    No one claimed the turtle, so it is still a mystery how, when , and why, the poor little fellow was up there. Someone must have decided to take their pet turtle along (did the parents even know about it ?) and hid the turtle in their carry-on luggage.
    The turtle escaped.
    Maybe he had been up there from an earlier flight even, and some poor little boy or girl arrived at Grandma's house only to discover that Myrtle the Turtle was no longer in their bag.

Sadly, the airport people had the turtle killed, a sad end to my little story.

http://www.airlive.net/news-a-turtl...luggage-compartment-from-melbourne-to-hobart/

2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh, what a sad ending for the turtle. Maybe they could have at least sent the turtle to the quarantine officer. But I'm also wondering how that turtle got in there. But I suspect that the turtle is owned by a kid on the plane.

Really, there are strange things inside the plane. In our last trip last year to Singapore, there was Korean-looking guy who sat on the opposite row (we were occupying the first row on the right and the Korean was on the left). He had a bag so big. It was a cloth bag but definitely so bulky so I wonder how he was able to bring it aboard. From what I know, the airline's check in counter has limits on the girth of the hand-carry bag. But my husband said to mind my own business because the guy had noticed my curiosity.