How Curious Are You About Things?

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Do you have a "curious" mind? Do you wonder why people do what they do or look the way they do? Do you ask family, friends or do a Thread about things you are curious about?

As for me, seems like I'm always curious about something. Yes, I "wonder, wonder, wonder" about things. SIL is always wondering why people bomb and kill people.

What is your "curious state" like?

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, I do but I'll never get an answer because it's questions I can't ask on here.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I also have a curious mind, and it seems like I am always researching something or the other online. Sometimes, it seems like an appropriate topic to start a thread about, and I do that, and then we discuss it here and I get other people's thoughts about the subject, too.
    I think that we should always strive to be learning something, and this helps keep our brain working better if we are keeping it active and having to think about things.
    Now I am curious about what @Chrissy Cross is curious about that she can't ask on the forum.......

Von Jones likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

IMG_0976.JPG

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Something "curious", made into a new Thread, can get more negative replies than positive ones. "Why don't more people understand MY feelings" can be the question of a the forum member who does the Thread. In fact, some negative replies can/do get on the rather ugly side.

6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes totally.... I have been employed as a Broadcast media researcher most of my adult working life... until the last four or 5 years... researching is part of my psyche so I search for answers to everything and anything.

Von Jones likes this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I definitely have an enquiring mind that seems to need to know the answers to things. My family knows this about me and so when they don't feel like looking up the answer to something they need to know...they will call me and get me to find the answers for them. My nickname to them is "Snoop Dog" and it makes me smile when they call me and tell me they have a job for Snoop Dog! :) I can't say I'm curious about every subject...but I definitely am curious about many things. :)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  8. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Hmm, we are a curious bunch :p
    Yes I am too, maybe those that aren't are in another world

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Yes, a Universe far, far away (perhaps one of the Star Wars planets/moons).

Patsy Faye likes this.
  10. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I probably am to a point. I wonder why we war with each other as humans. Always have and I'm afraid will. I have that in common with your SIL. I wonder where the dinosaurs came from. How this life got on the planet all those years ago.

I'm not sure I'm curious, maybe I just wonder about things.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  11. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh " Do you have a "curious" mind?"

As a kid in grammar school, my report card came back, 6th. grade I think it was, handwritten on the back under "teacher's comments", by my Home-room teacher, "Frank has an inquiring mind".

That remark piqued my Dad's interest. He repeated it often, even years later, as though trying to explain the unending train of bizarre, often dangerous escapades I got involved with. Hopping up cars to accelerate like hell, chemical mixtures producing Pyrotechnic effects, high-voltage Tesla Coils generating long bluish sparks while illuminating the room's light bulbs, dynamite.

It did not occur to me during those years I was subjecting my Folks to duress. They rarely reprimanded me for my interests, even after my sustaining 2nd. degree burns to my face & hand, though they did "clamp down" a bit.
    Frank

12. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

To infinity and beyond ! :p
    upload_2017-6-3_8-45-31.jpeg

13. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Like @Frank Sanoica I have always been curious as long as I can remember. I almost lost two of my fingers because of my curiousity and I wasn't even in school yet. I've said this before but I always ask 'who, what when,where, why and how? Who? wasn't the most used question though.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  14. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Funny you should say that @Von Jones , because my father always said that from the time I could first talk, my most often used word was ''why''?

Von Jones likes this.
  15. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Um are they dirty questions;)

Chrissy Cross likes this.