How Can They Still Be Doing This?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Chrissy Cross, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

If I remember right, yes.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Gag barf...cough ...the names alone make me sick. This is why beans and taters are me favorite foods...no guess work and tasty tasty:p

Bobby Cole and Patsy Faye like this.
  3. Jackie Stewart

Jackie Stewart Veteran Member
    Registered

I can't read/look at the article, as it hurts/breaks my heart.

4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

You're the same as me, I couldn't even click on the link...I would have nightmares...our dogs are like the grandkids... we never had, we call them our grandfurkids, I can't look at anything at all to do with animal cruelty, least of all dogs..

Jackie Stewart and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

They sold both monkey And dog. No need for animal control there because mamasan can cook and will gladly take care any strays.

6. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chrissy Cross
    Every Czech butcher shop in our neighborhood when I was a kid custom-made sausage of all kinds. One was "Blood-Sausage", which contained blood, yess, but mixed with rice. That was called "Jaternice". (roughly, yit-ther-nyitze).

Chrissy Cross and Holly Saunders like this.
  7. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I didn't read it either, Chrissy told us enough

8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I didn't read the whole article either...just the headline basically. :(

Patsy Faye likes this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

In Hungarian it's called Hurka. :). Prounced. Hoorka

10. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Yep, usually all that's needed unless you want the finer details

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I remember my grandma like pickled pigs feet. I tried some, but really preferred the pickled pigs hock.......much more meat than bone. Also, when I was a young kid in Indiana, my step-mom would make dandelion salad. Had a special tool to dig the dandelion up, before it grew a yellow flower, wash off, cut up and add bacon bits and vinegar. Not to bad.

Here in the southern states, okra and grits are extremely popular, but definitely not for us. A big favorite here in Florida is gator. Just another reason we shouldn't be living in the south.

I remember, someone in my family like onion sandwiches. Again, not me!

Other than our Mexican dinners, will pretty much stick only with "good old fashion" American food.

12. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

What is American food @Cody Fousnaugh ...I mean do you class Pizza as American for example...?

I've tasted crocodile ( not gator)...it's kinda like chicken..it's very white meat...no fat tho'...

I've got kangaroo steaks in my freezer right now.. and we can buy Ostrich steak without any problem here although I'm not keen because they're almost 100% meat and no fat so they taste to meaty for me... I like some fat on my meat.

I've tasted frogs legs, snails ( escargot) in paris france... not for me..I didn't like them...

My husband used to make nettle soup..and he made dandelion wine by picking them from the garden..

I've never had onion sandwiches but I like onions so I might try that..I only ever have onions on top of a sausage on bread or a roll ..

I've tasted Grits, an old friend in the USA sent me some years ago to try... ugh, I didn't like them at all...

13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Ive had frog legs growing up....liked them. Also like escargot. Don't eat it that often, only as an appetizer at a restaurant.

Ive only had grits once in my life and it was in a restaurant in Springfield, Illinois. Some kind of shrimp was served on top of it and it was delicious.

Don't know if I would like it all by itself though.

Im not a fan of anything gamey and lately I'm not even fond of steak anymore. Very little meat that I like...still like chicken and eat that and fish for my protein.

14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Pizza is not American, but with the amount of pizza's sold in stores and made-to-order (pickup), a person would really think that pizza is American.
    We aren't into "exotic" type foods at all and, too old (LOL) to try any. However, I do remember seeing a menu on the door of a restaurant in Balboa (part of Newport Beach, California) that said they served lion. My exact words, when I seen the sign, "nope, no way".

I told my wife yesterday, "wonder how many people eat chocolate covered insects?" Better stop here, I'm about to eat breakfast.

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Funny, the only time I've ever seen escargot is in a movie called Pretty Woman. Most people relate escargot with the Rich & Famous or very, very well-off. Frog legs........forget it!

Tried duck once in Las Vegas and boy was it oily. Never again. Went to a Chili Cook-Off one time. Tasted some chili that, what I thought was great tasting beef, turned out to be rattlesnake. The cook took around to the side of the booth and showed me the skin. Never again.