How Bad Will All This Inflation Go?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Joy Martin, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Do you have cards, a wheel or spindle and a loom?

Yvonne Smith and Marie Mallery like this.
  2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Yvonne I bet not many people today would know what mincemeat is much less know howe To fix it. I'm not sure I remember it come to think of it.

3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Don its probably under the cedar chest aka the hope chest. :p J.k.

4. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

There are so many creamer types. I have been buying coconut milk/almond milk creamer for years...from whole foods.. I can't imagine buying as you but maybe you drink coffee all day or have a family that does. It's me and 1 cup in AM and a little bit of the creamer.

5. Joy Martin

Registered

As for overall inflation I keep hearing from my sources, our country is $29Trillion in debt..

And once the suppliers get the products all hiked up, the prices stay up there and business goes on with all the
    higher prices...

Good thing I'm not much of a meat eater anymore, just the price of a nice piece of quality beef would cause a
    heart attack.

And then CA gasoline, don't get me going.

6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Not that it matters, but I get the box of creamers every couple of months.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Joy Martin

Registered

Yes I understand and I don't need to buy in bulk for my little use and I like fresh stuff without preservatives ; Some mentioned prepper so maybe you are there too....

8. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Nope; no prepping around here. I just like the convenience of auto-delivery of stuff. I also prefer fresh dairy but it seems to go bad before I use it all, so I'll just have to deal with preservative fallout. :D

9. Joy Martin

Registered

Ah interesting and I avoid auto delivery....I do have a health product that is on a bi monthly basis and I can handle that one....

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Getting back to the inflation discussion, I posted on another thread that butter is now over $5 a pound here! Good heavens.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Well guess what several things once again have gone up,in last few days, Folgers coffee has gone from $8.92 price increase from few weeks ago to $10.24 today ! This is at Walmart. tomorrow i am going to hit a few stores and buy staple items that i can find on sale. Cant afford rent, now may not be able to afford some food items at this rate.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
    Don Alaska likes this.
  12. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I shop at two stores that are on the same slab, so one is the dollar store which I always purchase more because it is generally cheaper. The main store is so high and I noticed this morning that the normal things I buy like the 12 can of mixed cat food is not being restocked, instead they have marked up individual cans to 89 cents per can. Back to the cheap human food, a simple burrito that has been on their shelf for the 14 years I have lived the two block distance. Usually about 4 kinds of burrito but now there is none to be found and two weeks ago while they still had a few they had already surged past 5 dollars a pack. OK I can live without the burritos but now I go to the next isle and look for Jimmy Dean sausage and egg 8 pack, none to be found but they have every other Product by Jimmy Dean. Last week my cheap sodas quart bottles was 69 cents, today same sodas I buy every time I shop there, 1.69. It is so obvious prices are being just thrown out there because there is no one to stop the gouging. My dollar store never opened this morning because their cash register would not work or go online. I had to hobble back to the mafia store I just left and buy expensive cat food and I passed on the coffee. I got my milk for the cats and my chocolate milk and dragged myself back inside out of this killer heat and humidity. I hate shopping now and I know before I go I will not find what I usually buy because they couldn't mark it up any further and make more forcing you to buy individual cans of cat food. There was a time I drove 20 miles round trip to shop at the super store but I thought better of it since I usually don't buy enough to make it worth while. I need to replace my fuel filter and rethink my buying strategy and make that trip to walmart, I think they are not so bad with the gouging even if the prices are up they are not like this local store I shop. Commiefornia is crying about the almost 9 dollars a gallon for gas, I smiled and placed that info into one hand and the NOT GUILTY verdict of that coup de tat lawyer into the other, I still smiled knowing there is some justice out there you just have to take what they give you and 9 bucks a gallon really makes me smile. Enjoy the next two years of that half wit in our white house, he is directly responsible for everything you see today in our country.

Krystal Shay and Mary Stetler like this.
  13. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Prices and availability vary greatly from store to store. At the local grocery chain today, eggs were twice the price compared to Aldi's. The same with mandarins. Oat and honey granola at the grocery are over twice as much as Aldi's when they still had them, but I found a 24 pack at the grocery which were way cheaper per unit price. Gotta keep your eyes open and be flexible. Is this still America? We're getting foreign aid now when it comes to baby formula!

14. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I am addicted to soda but am trying to wean myself off of it as the price goes up. Aldis still had Faygo diet cola for 3.29 last time I went. It is OK after you get used to it. And Walmart has their brand.
    The good news is is I am trying Dr Berg's keto diet for my leg. Lots of fresh veggies, some meat and eggs. But since the prepared food is more expensive than what I make, it could work for you too. Make use of a crock pot, then divide stuff up into containers and put in freezer to micro wave later?