How’s The Weather Where You Are?

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Ed Wilson, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Snakes are probably more dangerous than bears, but Black Widow Spiders and Brown Recluse are worse, and we don't have those either...no Fire Ants, chiggers.... We can shoot the bigger ones where we live.

Yvonne Smith and Frank Sanoica like this.
  2. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

It's a beautiful day; supposed to be around 80 degrees this afternoon.

4. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

-21 F. this morning and not supposed to get above 0 F. today.... Probably won't be doing too much playing outside today, but the snowmachine is running and my son put a trail through the swamp yesterday, so...who knows?

5. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

315E053B-701D-40F8-A2ED-9E9ACEB11185.jpeg This photo will give you a good idea of what our weathers like ..it’s coool to cold you wouldn’t believe it’s late spring here in South Australia …my hubby kept a record of rain and day time temps since we’ve lived here
    ( escaped from the city to country) so we’ve been in this country / seaside location ( 500 mtrs from the beach ) 15.5 years and it’s the coldest wettest winter we’ve had since 2006.
    It’s been around 14 c most days …think that’s around the 55f mark it’s summer here in 3 weeks time

I took this photo yesterday at about 1 pm oops photo sideways I’ll try to fix and repost

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  6. Kate Ellery

Registered

A couple more photos

B7F86B57-FC95-45DB-8895-D8D9227609B7.jpeg
    F243C7B7-A911-48B8-964B-CCFE0737F1F6.jpeg
    Ship is a memorial for the many who have been lost at sea and never found

7. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

8. Kate Ellery

Registered

Yes very cold @Shirley Martin do you remember I mentioned one time how the beach is really sandy on one part and really rocky limestone cliffs on the other part …..this part normally looks white / glistening but with the strong winds we’ve had this winter makes it looks very wind blown.

There is a huge caravan park and housing estate the other side of those dunes.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
    Shirley Martin likes this.
  9. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Veteran Member
    Registered

Awesome pictures, Kate,!!! reminds me of Maine !! We lived near the Atlantic ocean ( 7 miles),, they had a long walk way out to the lighthouse. was one mile, one way, i use to walk it everyday that i could during the week,,

10. Jo White

Jo White Well-Known Member
    Registered

Here in B.C. we are in what can only be called 'interesting times', with floods so damaging that currently anybody on the west coast of the province can no longer get to the rest of Canada because all routes are damaged to the point of having to be shut down. It looks to remain the case for awhile.

The western provinces often talk (rant) about separating from the rest of Canada, but this is a bit extreme. Not to mention, Vancouver and Vancouver Island will make for a pretty small country, and we don't have any nukes (or energy, as we on the coast are famously laid back) to blow up our enemies. ;)

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I understand a number of roads and rail lines have washed out, too. I guess it is the result in part due to the wildfires earlier. We just have cold and clear-- -28 and sunny, but no snow or rain falling.

Jo White likes this.
  12. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

It's typical November weather with highs in the 40's and lows in the 20's and 30's. No major weather events in sight.

Don Alaska likes this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

48°F and clear tonight; 75° tomorrow.

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Jo White

Jo White Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yes, all roads leading into the interior are closed at the moment, although I think one minor highway will reopen this weekend. And just like that, we have gas rationing, starting today. Yesterday was a zoo around here, hours-long line-ups to get what precious little gas was still around. We have 1/2 a tank but have nowhere we need to be so we're not worried. We can get anywhere we need to go on foot or by bicycle. I feel for people who are working, though.

15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I saw some of the videos showing the terrible flooding in western Canada, and the roads that were washed out, it looks really awful, and I am glad that you are in a safer place, @Jo White .
    Western Washington and Western Oregon are also having bad flooding, and roads washed out, and since I have family in that part of the country, I was looking at some of the videos about those places flooding, and then it also showed what was happening in Canada.

It has not been a good year, weather wise for out west, it seems like. Terrible wildfires all summer (not enough snowpack in the mountains last winter), and hotter temperatures than normal, and now the rains and flooding are devastating even more.
    Are you near Vancouver ?