Houston's First Cat Cafe Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Diane Lane, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

They don't have a designated location yet, but are planning some pop up events to build a following, while they work on finding just the right spot. I like the idea of this. I'm all about coffee shops and tea shops, and combining them to create a place for animal lovers who might want to adopt an animal who needs a loving home is a hit with me. There are a lot of people who also love cats but may not be able to have them in their homes due to allergies of other family members, so this could be a way for them to soothe their souls and spend some time with kitties who would no doubt appreciate the attention. Here's a link with more information.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I can see that idea working - can you imagine a kitty ordering .........'make mine a milk and don't go easy on the cream' :p

3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

There is a cat cafe here that was featured on the evening news. I just didn't catch the name of the cafe but it is in Metro Manila. As expected, the owner is a cat lover. However, the cafe caters to cat lovers and not to cats. They serve human food, so to speak, and the only strange thing about the place is the proliferation of cats. It's like having live cats for their decor. So if you are a cat lover, you can go there, have a snack and admire the cats around. But you cannot bring a cat inside, that's not allowed.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Pur-rrrr-fect!;)
    [​IMG][​IMG]