Hottest Time In Decades

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Thomas Stillhere, Jun 15, 2022.

1. James Hintze

James Hintze Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm wondered what the average age of our fellow members of the SOC is? As an octogenarian I don't expect that I will have to experience to many of the disasters that are already happening. I could be wrong. How many people in my state of Florida would have to move from a one ft. rise in see level?

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Many of the same people who are preaching that our coasts will soon be underwater are nevertheless buying up coastal properties so I wouldn't worry about it.

Mary Stetler and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Here is an other chart that is long-term.

EA19EF7C-E121-48E6-BA38-50B9F96529CC.jpeg

Mary Stetler likes this.
  4. Ralf Mannheim

Ralf Mannheim Well-Known Member
    Registered

The problem will be experienced by future generations: children, grandchildren, etc. That's difficult for individuals to consider because they generally think only of themselves, and I don't blame them. Human neurosystems appear to work that way, such that for all those abilities for conceptual thought they remain biological, and grounded, beings.

This might also work as a defense mechanism: there's nothing wrong or things aren't as bad as what scientists argue because we don't want our children and grandchildren to suffer.

5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Here's a word: "adapt." Humanity will adapt to the natural changes in earth's climate as they have since they first appeared on this blue marble.

6. Ralf Mannheim

Registered

It's affecting property insurance, though. Either they're taking advantage of report results or their actuarial analysts know something that we don't.

7. Ken Anderson

@Ralf Mannheim, I can't help but wonder if you actually believe this nonsense or if you feel some obligation to carry water for the government.

Teresa Levitt likes this.
  8. Ralf Mannheim

Registered

How did the increased CO2 ppm affect plant and animal species, and how will that affect industrial civilization on which a large human population is dependent for survival. From what I gathered, that civilization requires not climate change but a minimum of anomalies, e.g., large-scale heat waves and droughts that can damage groups and disrupt even business operations from mining to manufacturing, cold spells that can do the same plus may lead to high levels of flooding, with or without increasing precipitation, and so on.

Ken, I can't help but wonder if attacking forum members is habitual to you, and mainly because you are getting logically owned each time when I respond to you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2022
  9. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

:D

10. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Ralf, if you are going to carry on about changes in sea level, you would be well advised to study up on plate tectonics and get a better understanding on how that, rather than climate change, affects sea levels. This BS about coastal cities going underwater has been carrying on for decades. Frankly, it's gotten quite tedious and boring, as have discussion of climate change.

11. Mary Stetler

Registered

I was getting a little concerned about the Chincoteague Island ponies.:(
    but I am more concerned about how the world is ignoring the horrible pollution of the oceans with plastic and the devastation and suffering it is causing the animals in the seas.
    Individuals and small groups are trying to attack it but the governments try scaring us with other aspects of doom.
    This is a real problem the governments can do something about but don't.
    Agenda 21/31, the WEF, greenies...How do you spell raspberries sound effect?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
    Beth Gallagher and Yvonne Smith like this.
  12. Ken Anderson

It's the middle of July, and it's in the low 70s here, and will fall into the 60s tonight.

Nearly all of it comes from Asian countries and they have a pass.

John Brunner likes this.
  13. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

This is the problem. Those islands of plastic head eastward across the Pacific to our western shores, and in response NYC bans plastic straws.

14. Mary Stetler

Registered

That is sort of the problem with all the threats--air pollution, deforestation...all the things that would cause global warming as per Ralf. We have cut back on air pollution where you could cut China's with a knife. See the pix from the Olympics.

15. Ken Anderson

US global warmists aren't interested in anything that can't be blamed on Americans.