Hot Water Crisis

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Craig Wilson, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Australia has one of the steepest use of solar heating in the world. Unfortunately we are not among them. So when my old conventional hot water system started spewing water on the weekend it told me it had ended its days and we were in trouble. We have had our mains switched off now for almost 24 hours..starting to stink (pew) as we have not had a shower in that time.:eek:I expect we will be paying my son a visit this evening as I dislike not bathing. In addition our meal dishes are piling up. Being Monday morning I will make a call to the hot water system people and either arrange a first notice service call or otherwise order a new system. Oh happy days. At least our cricket season starts tomorrow. Go the Baggy Greens.:)

Bess Barber likes this.
  2. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

@Craig Swanson You can boil enough water to wash dishes.......AND to take a bath. Just use a couple of the biggest pots you have. :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Dont need either of those now @Bess Barber.. as I have ordered a new hot water system this morning and have been promised a same day delivery/installation. So we will be having a conventional shower this evening. The serviceman just opened the valve on the old one and water spewed out like a fountain. I priced solar systems and they are out of our price range.. bugger.

Bess Barber likes this.
  4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Hot water heater ??? Hot water does not need heating do you mean a cold water heater. Ha Ha

5. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

That's a good catch. I also say hot water heater.

6. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Ahhh, but @Craig Swanson didn't say "Hot water heater". He said "Hot water system." He is correct. It is a hot water system; as in it heats and circulates hot water. My son and DIl have a hot water system for their water heater and heating system. The hot water circulates through pipes to heat their house and also provides them with hot water.

7. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I don't have a cool 'system', I just have a regular heater that heats the water, thus hot water heater. :D