Hoover Dam Is At The Lowest Level In Its History!

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Yvonne Smith, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The water in Lake Mead is now at only 1,000 feet, according to the latest news report about the dam.
    This crisis has been getting worse over the last few months. In June, the water level was reported at just over 1075 feet, so it has dropped dramatically over the last month.
    There was a small earthquake near Hoover Dam (either late May or early June), and the water level dropped over 8 feet in two days, according to the chart that shows the water level in Lake Mead. However, the drop was reported as only a misfunctioning sensor, and the next day, the water level showed back up to the 1075 level again.
    Since then, I have checked the level around one a week, and it shows as staying right at the 1075 foot level on the chart. At 1050 feet, the water tunnels supplying water to Las Vegas dry up.
    When the water drops below 1050 feet, then it is declared kind of a national emergency, and the federal government begins controling water rationing in all of the nearby states that use water from Hoover Dam.

Now-----here is the really worrisome part of this whole thread !
    I just found this news article, and it shows pictures, and states that the water in the lake behind Hoover Dam is now already down to the 1,000 foot level !
    It also says that Las Vegas had to build a new set of water tunnels to keep water supplies to Nevada operational.
    Even worse, the water level is still dropping.

However, if you look at the chart for the Lake Mead water levels, it still shows the water level as fluctuating a little; but basically staying at the same recorded level of 1075 feet.
    It looks to me like that earthquake really DID affect Hoover Dam or lake Mead somehow, and it is still draining fairly rapidly from that, and they are just not releasing this information to the public. Check out the two different links and see what you think.

http://lakemead.water-data.com

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-amid-continuing-drought-America-s-west.html