Homosexuals And Public Show Of Affection

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Faye Fox, May 20, 2022.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

So I was on a short shopping trip with a friend and we saw two adult males holding hands and sauntering down the sidewalk.

My friend says, "I will never get used to seeing such. It is bad enough on TV but seeing it in person just bothers me."

I said, "Yeah one of them needs to man up and get his junk whacked and become a fake woman and then we wouldn't be bothered by such sights since we wouldn't know the difference."

She started laughing and said, "Man up and become a transgender woman, now that is funny."

I wasn't trying to be funny. It just fell out of my mouth.

I wonder if one of them did do the conversion and had the fake female presentation, would they be no longer considered homosexual? I suppose some of the long gender alphabet soup initials address that situation, but I don't know or care to study it out.

Does seeing such bother you or have you become so used to it that you don't notice? I don't think one is a phobic of any kind or a hater if such behavior bothers them. I suppose when our generation is gone, no one will notice or care.

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I've never seen it. I have some friends who are gay but they don't push it in your face. I've never seen them behave in any untoward way.

But if I saw a gay couple walking along holding hands, it wouldn't bother me. I tend to my business and let them tend to theirs. We'd all be better off if we did that. :p Wouldn't we? :p

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Hand holding wouldn't bother me; I don't really notice much about other people's behavior unless they are taking the PDA to the extreme, and that's not specific to gay people.

As far as whacking off the junk; I believe the relationship is based on the similarity of junk. Neither of them would want a female, whether natural or created.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I consider it to be weird too, as I consider a lot of things to be weird, but it's not any of my business unless they were to ask me what I thought. Then again, I live in a small town that has a resident who wears horns on his head.

5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

lolol I give up :rolleyes:

Denise Evans and Faye Fox like this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Well, you're just going to have to stop doing that. :p

7. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

Live and let live. As long as you're not grabbing at me, everything's cool. I don't like watching two same sex folks make out, but then, I'm not crazy about watching hetero couples do likewise. Get a room!

8. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I should give up after another failed attempt at comedy.:(:D:D:D

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

In a nation where women can and do hold hands, go to the restroom together and dance together and yes, kiss, it would seem that it would be okay for men to do the same but my brain isn’t wired that way so yes, it would seem weird but I don’t know why.
    Straight men and women alike hug each other but if a guy wanted to hold hands with me beyond a handshake I’d back away. It’s just how I’m wired.

Men in some European and Asian countries occasionally hold hands and kissing each other’s cheek is a show of friendship and certainly isn’t considered gay.

Now, when I went to Taiwan for R&R back in late ‘69, we were warned that ANY show of affection is illegal in public and it’s even looked down upon when married couples hold hands whilst walking down the street.

I guess that the bottom line is that public shows of affection in the U.S. in all aspects of American society is here to stay so we might as well get used to it.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
  10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Possibly a semi-failed attempt at comedy but you did raise a good question.

Faye Fox likes this.
  11. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

No, was frustrated last night trying to type my comment, so I gave up. Today It is too early yet to state..need coffee.

12. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm sure there are mom's, who are walking with their young kids, wouldn't want their kids to see gays or lesbians holding hands, arm around each other or giving each other a kiss.

Years ago, I worked for a lesbian couple on their equestrian center and, believe it or not, not once did they show any kind of affection around me. Nothing. But, I sure could tell the "male" looking one from the "female" looking one.

There are a few commercials on tv that show lesbians and gays kissing and wife and I instantly went "YUK!".

They all love that "live and let live" attitude of people, so they can do whatever they want to. We aren't nearly that way, but, if we were to see affection given, would only comment to each other............and then, get the "H" out of there!

Denise Evans and Jessica Morgan like this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Sorry if your story was supposed to have been a tall tale, Faye. Since it's not posted in the humor section I assumed you were serious. :p The discussion has stirred some interest so your effort was not in vain.

Lois Winters and Denise Evans like this.
  14. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Yes, it is bothersome

Denise Evans likes this.
  15. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Again, might as well get used to it.
    By the time kids get into third grade, some ne’er-do-well teacher will have fully indoctrinated them on the evils of being straight.