Homeless People

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Martin Alonzo, May 24, 2016.

1. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

Based on my experience working with the homeless, there are 3 things that could be done that would go a long way to helping the homeless situation. However, it would take the state and federal government putting more money into providing prison inmates with jobs training prior to release, community mental health treatment, and community programs through the Veteran Affairs office. These 3 entities want to help the homeless, but are lacking the funds to do so.

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, I agree with Ken here, homeless people just are not a "one size" fits all category. There are just as many reasons for homelessness as their are people who are homeless.

I also agree with some of what all of you have said...there is no easy answer because there are so many reasons why people are homeless. Some through no fault of their own, some because of mental disabilites, drug use, or violent behavior. And some are what I call "gypsies" at heart..people who can not "settle down" for whatever reason. While I don't think the problem of homelessness can be solved completely...I do think that there are things that can be done to decrease this problem here in America.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    Ina I. Wonder likes this.