Home Improvement

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ken Anderson, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Since I've just watched the first four seasons of Last Man Standing, I have been wanting to binge-watch the entire Home Improvement series as well. I watched that on regular television but even with the reruns, I probably haven't seen every episode.

However, it's not available via streaming from Netflix. Although they have it in their DVD library, my request for it has been on hold forever. It is available by streaming from Amazon.com and some others, but at $2 an episode, which is far too expensive, considering that I can buy the DVDs from Amazon.com for $10 a season. So that's the way I went with it.

I don't have a large DVD collection but there are some series, such as Little House on the Prairie, Home Improvement, and The Waltons, that I enjoy enough that I will watch them from time to time. They are good for the way that I work, since they don't demand my attention when I play them while I am working on the computer.

It does seem kind of nutty that Amazon.com would charge $2 an episode, which comes to $48 per season, to watch it via streaming, when they sell the DVDs for $10 a season.

K E Gordon likes this.
  2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I really enjoyed Home Improvement and I don't think there was one episode of that show that did not make me laugh. When my family heard me laughing out loud in the early evenings they would always say: "Mom must be watching Home Improvement" again. And I was. I can't remember the last time a show made me laugh like that so maybe I should buy the DVD seasons too. Tim Allen is a very funny man! :) I think I have only seen Last Man Standing once or twice. Is Tim just as entertaining in that show too @Ken Anderson?

Ken Anderson likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Yes, I think he is every bit as good in Last Man Standing. The rest of the cast is pretty good too, particularly his boss, who has sort of a subtle humor.

4. Jim Veradyne

Jim Veradyne Veteran Member
    Registered

Like many family sitcoms, the show ran into trouble when the kids grew older. Most family shows don't last long after the children grow up.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

I've ordered season one. Next week, I'll order season two, and so on. Eventually, I'll have them all.

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I hear a lot of wisdom in that statement Jim... :) Welcome to the a truly wonderful Seniors only Forum!

7. Ken Anderson

I just finished the first season, and I had forgotten how young the kids were when the show began. Next week, I'll order the second season.

8. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

We were fans of Home Improvement too and Johnny just discovered Last Man Standing by chance. Tim Allen is hilarious, isn't he? The supporting cast/characters are too. I like that the show sometimes incorporates scenes from Home Improvement. The most recent one I saw was about the man's bathroom, just great!

K E Gordon likes this.
  9. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Yeah, I really enjoy Last Man Standing. I think that along with Modern Family are my favorite sitcoms, but there are a few on I enjoy. I also liked Home Improvement. One episode I thought was hilarious was when they were ice fishing and their whole shanty fell through the ice. That was really funny.

10. Jim Veradyne

Jim Veradyne Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you. Yes, a second meaning was intended. I appreciate the welcome.

11. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

"Home improvement" was a favorite of mine. Had sort of a crush on Pat Richardson.:D