Hollywood Actors Rally Against Trump

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I knew there were people against Trump, but this is suppose to be a MASS rally on his Inauguration Day:

Filmmaker Michael Moore announced Saturday evening that he would be holding a "massive rally" Thursday outside Trump's New York City International Hotel with a pair of actors.

"Mark Ruffalo, Alec Baldwin & myself will be holding a massive rally in NYC in front of Trump International Hotel this Thursday, 6pm! Come!" Moore tweeted.

Moore, Ruffalo and Baldwin have been outspoken Trump critics during the election and after Trump's surprise win. Moore, who accurately predicted Trump's win, has been calling for massive organization surrounding Trump's Jan. 20 inauguration.

"If your rep is a Democrat, tell him/her you expect them to AGGRESSIVELY fight the Trump agenda - and if they don't, you will work with others to support a true progressive in the Democratic primary in 2018," Moore urged following Trump's win.

Moore also suggested voters to form their "own rapid response team" to quickly react to Trump and the GOP-led Congress.

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

WHY ? Would be my question
    He has been voted 'in' - give him a chance, if he is all talk, get rid of him, is the answer
    Its disrespectful to do the above :(
    Even if I hated someone, I wouldn't lower meself to do that !

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Yes, but that's you. Funny, whenever someone see/hears about something they wouldn't ever think about doing, they wonder why it's being done. Well, those people you are wondering why they are doing it aren't you. Plain and simple. Right?
    I mean, we wouldn't do it, or participate, but that is me and my wife. There are plenty of people in society that would participate. They don't care if he is going in on Thursday, they want everyone to hear their opinions whether or not people do/do not agree with their opinions or will listen.

4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Most all these actors are based in California and New York which is Democratic. They wanted Hillary to win and when she did not they took that as a personal insult. Now they are anti Trump and nothing anyone will ever say will change them. Jimmy Buffett in one of his songs there is no vaccine for stupidity.
    Sorry to say playing a politico expert and being one is different this is equal to listen to a plumber to wire your house. Their million dollar life style does not make them an expert on living with a small income like most people.

Holly Saunders and Patsy Faye like this.
  5. Patsy Faye

Registered

Terry Page and Holly Saunders like this.
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

It should be a very interesting Inauguration....and definitely one for the History books! ;)

Holly Saunders likes this.
  7. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I looked for some "good" news this a.m. that would settle my fears about these "so-called" Americans and I liked what this guy said:

"I hope the American people come to associate these Marxists and Anarchists with the Democrat Party. I think the more these wierdos act out, the more Democrats will not wish to be associated with them and by the midterm, we may find that the Democrat Party has been reduced to a leaner-meaner party of insignificance that is nothing more than an irritation. Obama will become a full time Agitator/Community Organizer and associate closely with this sort of Michael Moore Movement. It will become a carnival sideshow to what concerns most Americans!"

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

So, if these people don't like Trump, they aren't Americans?? If they don't agree with the way you feel, they are what???

I'm more of a Trump supporter than I use to be, but saying the people that aren't at all shouldn't be called Americans. Think that's going to far, IMO anyway.

9. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Freedom of speech is for everyone so they can say what they like. A rich person is by money or fame allowed to say more than a poor person in the media is that fair they think so. The media runs to certain people because of their position and do not give equal time to the other side what happed to fair and balanced. Now some are calling for martial law having no idea of what that means but anything to stop Trump.

Holly Saunders and Denise Evans like this.
  10. Denise Evans

Registered

These people are not "being" Americans if they are not accepting our constitution, right to vote etc. So it's not just disagreeing, this has gone beyond disagreement. They are NOT accepting the laws of America. If they want to show their patriotism, then they need to follow the law, constitution, and respect the vote.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  11. Denise Evans

Registered

Yes, they are busy bees. I personally think that these "massive rallies" are not going to be massive at all. Just a scarey word to use. I believe in Freedom of Speech because it is our first amendment. Inciting riots is another thing, and I think there is a very, fine line there, but it's there. So to intentionally disrupt an inauguration of the President of the United States, which the people of the United States voted in, I would suggest Michael Moore and his cronies be very careful. They are not doing ANYTHING good for their country by participating in these sorts of rebellious acts.

If we don't like something in America, then there are better ways to go about getting the changes we want. Kind of like the majority being sick of our corrupt government, and putting in a new one;)

12. Patsy Faye

Registered

YEP !

Martin Alonzo and Denise Evans like this.
  13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

And, some would say, if a person doesn't like our government, they can leave this country.

As far as "Freedom of Speech" goes, that applies for both the people that don't like Trump as well as those that do. Just something that should be remembered.
    Trumps supporters have their right to brag about him being elected, but people that don't like Trump have "rights" as well.

14. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Denise Evans likes this.
  15. Denise Evans

Registered

Yes, and that's pretty well covered in our 1st Amendment. It's those that don't either know about the constitution, or disrespect the constitution that I think we are actually talking about here. As long as no ones tries to incite a riot, all will be fine, or disrupt the proceedings of the inauguration, all will be fine. The right of freedom of speech does not include any violence, or instigating any.