Hollande Declares That France Is At War With Isis

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Holly Saunders, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I think whenever anyone goes to war, of any sort, we end up fighting as dirty as it takes. I think it's human nature. It's not like anyone at war is going to follow all the rules. I wouldn't, if someone attacks me, to hell with rules. I'll defend myself, period.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Trouble in today's world is that when we go to war, everything is on the nightly news. Wars of today have embedded journalists tagging along. In a sad way that's kind of funny.

It's like a reality show. :)

3. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

During WW2 the Nazis retaliated against the population of a town when their soldiers were attacked by civilians. It backfired on the Nazis because they were occupying a country.
    With our technology and equipment, if we can ID a dead or captured terrorists, we could locate their family home, kill them all and destroy the house, with one missile. Then kill a few or their close relatives too, if we can find them. And, we can do it from the sea if we have to.
    They might not care if they die, but they will if they know their parents, brothers, sisters, close relatives, goats and chickens will also die.
    You can't go at it in a wimpy, half a**ed way. After all, they're killing us indiscriminately.

Holly Saunders and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chrissy Page - funny you should say that Chrissy
    Just heard on the news that the top paper in France, LE Monde is from now on - 'not' going to publish the
    faces or names of the terrorists that attack France. Radio Station and a TV news network, are doing the same
    This always annoyed me so its 'about time' !

Holly Saunders and Chrissy Cross like this.
  5. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Ike Willis - also on the news tonight - one of the guys that killed the priest, was well known to the police as he never hid
    his admiration for IS - even his parents had taken him to the police stating that their son was becoming a terrorist and would kill
    The police said they could not arrest him on that - although it was also known he had tried 'twice' to get over to Syria !
    The authorities need to wake up in 'every' country and come down on these people !

Ike Willis likes this.
  6. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

I think they should allow those wanting to go and join isis to go, but not return. In time, they will most likely be killed in the fighting.

7. Patsy Faye

Registered

8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Uh, yeah, there's a few of them but the one most familiar to us was....us. The revolutionary war was fought against an idea and not necessarily against a country. We didn't have a constitution, states as such, and no real lines drawn that indicated what or who was rebelling.
    A Declaration of Independence was all that the agreeing parties had to show the world which was in essense an opology to the world because no one had ever tried what our forefathers started and later accomplished.
    Remember, there were many colonists that wanted to stay true to England so weeding out the revolutionaries was sometimes an impossible task unless they were standing there with a loaded musket ready to shoot a red coat.
    The end result as we all know was that an idea, when heavily believed in is very, very hard to beat.

9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Kind of like we said in Vietnam: "When in doubt shoot them all and allow the Lord to sort them out."
    I know that that kind of mentality is one of the things that got a lot of combat soldiers into trouble but somehow I believe that many American lives were saved by the credo. At least, that's what I tell myself. Twin 60's can do an awful lot of damage and they do not care who is in front of them.

Ike Willis likes this.