Hollande Declares That France Is At War With Isis

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Holly Saunders, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

An 86 year old Priest has been beheaded and a Nun has been seriously injured while conducting Mass at 9am at a church in Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray near Rouen in Normandy.

ISIS has already claimed responsibility for the attack in a statement published by its Aamaq news agency. It said the killing was carried out by 'two soldiers of the Islamic State.'

It added the killing was in response to its calls to target countries of the US-led coalition which is fighting ISIS.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ople-hostage-French-church.html#ixzz4FWQyh251

Martin Alonzo and Ike Willis like this.
  2. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

It's just going to get worse until the world gets serious about the problem. Take a leaf from Israel's book. When you capture or kill a terrorist in the act, if he/she can be identified, Raid their home. Deport the family, demolish their house and all possessions.
    Or, as Will Munny said in 'Unforgiven', Will Munny: All right, I'm coming out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down.
    Yes, that would make us just as bad as Isis. I would have no problem with that.

3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I have no words - truly sickened
    But - agree with Ike, don't pussyfoot about - get rid !

4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

The French government is coming out and saying you will just have to get used to it. That is a sad state if affairs when the government is ready to give up without a fight. This idea of no guns did not help the French.

Ike Willis likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

While I still find it hard to believe that it could happen here, I can't believe other than that the fact that so many of us have guns is one of the things that might prevent it from happening here. As I've said before, I'm not a warrior and I don't even like killing animals, let alone people, but I know how to shoot a gun I would defend myself and my wife.

6. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

The trouble happen in gun free zones

Ike Willis likes this.
  7. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh, that's getting to be scary now. Read that line about the response to countries fighting ISIS. That is clearly a declaration of war against US. I wonder how authorities would combat the attacks especially those suicide bombers which are so hard to detect. There were 2 incidents in France already, proof that ISIS is not joking with its threats. And I presume there are more attacks coming so the only solution I see is to totally annihilate the ISIS forces in Syria and Iraq. If ISIS is not joking with the threats when might as well show them that we are also not joking with our own threats.

Denise Evans and Holly Saunders like this.
  8. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I think there is a time and place to fight fire with fire. You can't reason with unreasonable, so I say hit em, and hit to kill.

9. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

I do hope France goes to war and puts a major dent in ISIS. France has taken alot from them and handled it well. I just wish someone get rid of ISIS once and for all.

10. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

That 'is' the problem - no 'talks' are possible with these people, they are not interested in talks
    They want to take over the world with their madness

Denise Evans and Ike Willis like this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Thus far, only a few have thought about the fact that ISIS is not an established country, it's an idea. Granted, the Islamic extremists stem from a wish to establish a caliphate and a country and have holdings in many Middle East countries but still, it's an idea and worse, a thought that has been acted upon.

How does one declare war on a basically unseen entity? No country, no true uniforms, a leadership that continually replaces itself as a leader is killed, and is married with a very vivid anti-infidel translation of it's religious leader's directions in the quo ran, namely Mohammed.

The only true solution to the problem would be to go to war against those leaders, people and businesses who do business with ISIS such as Iran, Iraq, Syria, Egypt, and yes, even some good ol' boys here in the U.S.A.
    If the oil revenues, donations, illicit businesses, Internet, and other financial and religiously sympathetic entities can be closed down then maybe there is a chance to end this thing. Spending a few million per bomb to kill a couple of hundred very avid and zealous believers does very little in the long run. You cannot kill a martyr because the memory of such is nothing more than a boost to the moral of those active personalities involved with ISIS.

12. Denise Evans

Registered

Yes, I agree, negotiating is ridiculous with "something" like ISIS. They remind me of the aliens in Independence Day, the President tried to talk with them and all they wanted us to do was die. They were there to exterminate us, and their was no reasoning with them.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  13. Denise Evans

Registered

Hasn't there been something like ISIS before, a gang of nutcases without a country? I can't think of an example, but what did we do then, that's what I'm thinking. Maybe the KKK. I think cutting off their "suppliers" sounds good. Maybe we need special forces, I know we have them, to infiltrate. I can't think of anything more frightening though, sending our guys in to possibly be hacked to death. And finding them, they could be an "seemingly" average joe working his gas station, or donut shop:(

Aren't there people that know first-hand what they are like, what do they do in their off-time? Do they have off-time, or hideouts? Is the only way to spot a member by them coming at me with an axe, or just their skin being darker than others. Are there other members of ISIS that are caucasian? I am just realizing I know little about ISIS except they kill people that don't believe the way they do.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Denise Evans

Registered

Seems these are the areas they would always attack first, another good reason not to let anyone take away our 2nd amendment. It's getting pretty obvious that here in America, our own police-force may need backup from the civilians. Some of the movies we've all seen aren't so far-fetched anymore. I'm not freakin, don't misunderstand my post, but I am a concerned citizen of the United States. I'm much more concerned for our young people. Someone like me willing to stand up and fight, has already lived a pretty good life. I want the kids to have a chance, and I don't want all our young warriors being killed off, especially when I find out it's an "inside" job.

15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yes, but it took a series of Crusades to push them back. Seriously, while we, for good reason, criticize the horrible actions that took place during the Christian Crusades, we tend to forget that they were a reaction to something that was at least as bad.