History And Future Of Abortion Rights: Another Issue

Discussion in 'History & Geography' started by Janice Martin, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Janice Martin

Janice Martin Well-Known Member
    Registered

(this is somewhat different from the other thread, so I thought I'd start a new thread)

There's another abortion 'issue' you may not be aware of. I first started seeing this a few years ago, and it's found its way into Canada as well as the U.S.
    While I initially figured pro-lifers will wig-out over this, it occurred to me the 'women's right to choose' side might be equally irate:

There's a so-called 'men's movement'- these individuals are pushing for legislation to make it legal for 'men' to force the girls/women to have abortions, claiming they should have the 'right to choose' also if they themselves do not want to be parents... read: do not want the responsibility of being parents. Some call it 'Roe v Wade For Men.'

If there's one thing I've learned: we can't afford to dismiss anything as 'just a few jerks- ignore them and they'll go away,' because that's when we 'open the newspaper some morning' and find out groups have achieved what they wanted

Sheldon Scott and Chrissy Cross like this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Veteran Member
    Registered

Ha ! The attitude of men !
    They should use protection if they don't want children - can't see this one becoming law
    What am I saying ! Anything is possible today :mad:

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

This is no surprise to me Janice. Maybe it doesn't happen as much today, but definitely in the past women have felt "forced" by the men they love to abort a baby because the man wasn't ready to take the responsibility for a child he helped create. :(

4. Janice Martin

Registered

Unfortunately 'anything is possible today' is true, and this particular topic is only the most recent example I've noticed of a big messy 'domino-effect.'
    As an example: think back just a few decades, could you have imagined individuals who commit brutal rapes would be granted 'parental rights' over babies born from those crimes?
    The last I noticed- around a year ago- nearly half the states in the U.S. do exactly that!!

5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Veteran Member
    Registered

That is sickening and shocking !
    I really don't understand what's going on today, it seems 'anything goes' and we really can't be doing with it, attitude

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

Until men can be pregnant, then they have no say in my opinion. I'm not saying that it shouldn't be discussed by both parties but if they can't reach an agreement, it's the woman's choice.

I do feel sorry for some men who have wanted the baby but the woman aborted it but that's just the way it is.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  7. Janice Martin

Registered

I'm planning to address it in my blog- if I can get it finished & post before comp blows out- but from everything I've seen it all started when the government or government agencies started forcing absent/unwilling 'fathers' to pay 'child support.'
    And from law firm websites to 'men's rights' forums, that's the reason for all of these present-day nightmares.