Highest Cancer Rate States

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Joy Martin, Mar 7, 2023.

1. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

CA the only state with cancers?////out of our 39million and states like Maine with 1+million that is a pretty harsh unfair statement Ken...

CA has had an exodis in the last couple yrs and mostly to NV, TX, FL, TN and I don't think many went to Maine....maybe I'm wrong on that, do you know Ken???

I don't spell check so don't try to "get me " on spelling errors....thanks.

Oh Ken I detest the NOW California politicians, but it's not been like this in the 57 great years I've called CA my home...and talk about freedom and open minded thinkers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
  2. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

It is not that CA is the only state with cancers but they label everything by law as if EVERYTHING CAUSES cancer.

3. Joy Martin

Registered

They Do????? Where have I been for 57 yrs, I don't see this Everything causes cancer....

How nice that you non californians can stick together and how many have ever lived here????

John Nopales likes this.
  4. Joy Martin

Registered

John Nopales likes this.
  5. Mary Stetler

Registered

When I buy things, there is often a warning on the item about something in or on it that must be warned against in California. I may have overstated it. But it is like the warning on plastic bags around items with the warning not to put it over your infant's head. Or the buckets pictorially showing a child falling into one head first...The warning is almost too stupid.
    I have a mineral supplement here that has fulvic acid etc in it. a statement required by California that something it the list can be carcinogenic.

6. Joy Martin

Registered

Well the plastic bag waste is huge, and we went thru a major halt to plastic and we all took our cloth bags to the market, blah blah blah and we were doing good and then Covid hit and now all our food deliveries are coming in big plastic bags////and talk about waste and the landfills and oceans loaded with plastic and fish consuming plastic.......

A nd can you just imagine a little one putting a bag over their head????

John Nopales likes this.
  7. Mary Stetler

Registered

That is the point. Overstatement of warnings.
    I hate all the waste. We have very little garbage to pick up in front of our house but neighbors have cans overflowing.

8. Jane Carlson

Jane Carlson Well-Known Member
    Registered

I don't think he was being literal. Just a "tongue in cheek" comment. He didn't mean CA is the only state with cancers...he meant CA labels everything as cancer causing.

9. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I suspect many cancer deaths are elevated in some of those states because of lack of affordable health care or medical facilities. California certainly has an abundance. Here in Maryland, it’s actually similar, lots of good medical care. Lots of states tending to the poor side of things (money and lifestyle) I imagine people try to avoid the expense as long possible.

10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Frankly I'm surprised Texas isn't #1. We have so many refineries and petro-chemical complexes just in the Houston area that we should be glowing in the dark. The Gulf Coast is littered with them. (I worked in them for nearly 30 years. :D)

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I think California's Proposition 65 says that anything that has not been proven NOT to cause cancer has to be labeled as potentially cancer causing. That leads to almost everything marketed within California labeled with this warning, thus making the warning useless. I have posted before that apparently Americans are the stupidest people on the planet, sine there are so many warnings. I installed an electrical outlet that was labeled with: "for U.S. residents only-do not spray water directly into this outlet once installed". Apparently they were afraid Americans would spray water directly into an electrical outlet, but residents of all other countries have sense enough not to do it without the warning. I fully realize that the U.S. has 85% of the world's lawyers or something like that, so there has to be something for them to do and that, evidently, is suing people when users and consumers of their products act stupidly and want money for it.

Lawyers also largely run the government, so you can see where that has gotten us.

Krystal Shay and Beth Gallagher like this.
  12. Mary Stetler

Registered

That is what I was trying to say and the warnings are not so much because we are stupid. It is because we are so litigious. (Is that a word?)

Don Alaska likes this.
  13. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Well, I think it is a bit of both. We are litigious in part because we are stupid and want to blame others for our failures.

Krystal Shay and Mary Stetler like this.
  14. Joy Martin

Registered

Oh you think you can sue if you get caner???? Think again. No way...

As I've said here back in 1995, we were told "one could prevent cancers IF they took a prevention Herbal, Grape Seed Extract"...and that is what I count on.

15. Mary Stetler

Registered

People eventually sued tobacco companies for lung cancer, other sources of asbestos for lung cancer, Johnson and Johnson for talc in their baby powder...
    May I ask who originally recommended grape seed extract to you and did they suggest a specific brand?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2023