Hi This Is Brian I'm New Here

Discussion in 'Photos & Video' started by Brian Hiperson, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Betty Jones

Betty Jones Veteran Member
    Registered

welcome brian

2. Brian Hiperson

Brian Hiperson Well-Known Member
    Registered

I was a little busy the other day, so It took me so long to write about the experience. You can look at it, and I hope I can help you

3. Brian Hiperson

Registered

I tried several Photo editing apps, mainly the famous Google online Photo editing app Google Photos, Windows 10's built-in Windows Photo, and three other perhaps less well-known Photo editing apps.Let's start with Google Photos.

The Google Photos, developed by Google, is very powerful both in terms of its outlook and functionality. As soon as you open it, you can see the detailed hints for each function, and the interface is fairly simple and user-friendly for older users.

upload_2020-11-11_15-5-29.png

There are Photos, Sharing, For you, Albums, Utilities, Archive and Trash tabs. Photos is the page that shows all of your Photos in a timeline; For You is a collection of Photos that Google Photos automatically selects For you, you can create or edit Albums in the Albums; In Utilities you can share pictures or albums with your friends, and the Shared content will appear in Sharing; Archive is a place where you can Archive easily.

upload_2020-11-11_15-5-36.png

The most distinctive feature of this tool is the ability to automatically sort through photos in the Albums.People, animals, objects, places etc. in your photos will be automatically categorized.In addition, you can also animate the pictures or make videos here.

upload_2020-11-11_15-5-59.png

It's important to note that image recognition is slow, maybe it depends on the Internet environment, and recently my home network is not very good. So, if your Internet environment isn't great, wait a little longer.

The results were fairly accurate.
    upload_2020-11-11_15-6-25.png
    upload_2020-11-11_15-6-30.png
    I tried the animations, but the overall effect was rather mediocre, just like a POWERPOINT presentation, because you can't choose to switch animation and add background music.Maybe you can do this in Movies, but it requires extra software downloads, I didn't try.

Windows Photos, I feel like this is the Microsoft version of Google Photos, because it's very similar in terms of functionality and interface.Unlike Google Photos, however, there is no automatic identification of places and things, nor Collages, Animations, or Animations in Google Photos.
    upload_2020-11-11_15-6-43.png
    upload_2020-11-11_15-7-3.png

The facial recognition results were fairly accurate too.

upload_2020-11-11_15-7-21.png

However, here you can make a slideshow video of your photos.I'm not talking about a slide show like Google Photos, but a real video with background music and a special transitions.
    upload_2020-11-11_15-7-29.png

The speed of organizing Photos is good, but I've found that it has a similar drawback to Google Photos, which is that I can't export my organized albums, so I can't then upload them to the cloud.

Attached Files:

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Brian Hiperson

Registered

Movavi Photo Manager 2, the interface of the app is also brief and detailed, which is nice. However, there is an unpleasant fact that during the operation, especially when clicking from one tab to another, there will always be a lag of about 2 seconds.

upload_2020-11-11_15-9-3.png

As you can see, it's also very versatile.Seems like it recognizes faces and similar photos too. Well, that's interesting. Let’s take a look.

upload_2020-11-11_15-9-15.png
    Wow, that's nice. It does recognize people. It looks like all the photos of the same person are filed in one group. Let me see the archived photos.

upload_2020-11-11_15-9-26.png
    Well... The app puts the adult and three other children in a group... They're not the same person at all...

Let's look at the other group. Well, same question. All right.

upload_2020-11-11_15-9-37.png

Let's look at similar image features.

upload_2020-11-11_15-9-44.png

In addition, you can do some simple image beautification and editing with the software, but you can do little more than rotate cropping and automatic image enhancement. If you need more editing, you'll need to download additional software.

Fotosifter, when I just opened this software, I found a problem. Its color is also dark. Although it is relatively simple, I don't think it is beautiful. It was also not so good that the software had few boot hints, and It took me a few minutes to grope around. However after familiar with, the operation is still relatively simple. On the operation, there will be no lag problem like Movavi.

upload_2020-11-11_15-9-54.png

As you can see, the app also appears to support face and location recognition, as well as deleting duplicate photos.Let's try it.To use these features, you need to click Auto Sort to begin.I added 65 photos and it took about a minute and a half after clicking Auto Sort to get the results, which I found slow.

upload_2020-11-11_15-10-0.png

This list is so fragmentary that I don't like it.In terms of face quality, it is more accurate than Movavi, which can identify the same person and doesn't put children and adults in the same group as Movavi.However, there is still a problem with the accuracy, the same person, wearing glasses and not wearing glasses will be identified as two people.

upload_2020-11-11_15-10-7.png

I don't understand the Selections function principle, it pick out some pictures I don't care for it.

I clicked on Remove Duplicate. After a few minutes of waiting, there was no response. I gave up.

upload_2020-11-11_15-10-15.png

Try the photo editing feature.Not bad, you can adjust a lot of things, in addition to color adjustment and filters and repair functions.

upload_2020-11-11_15-10-22.png
    It also has a slideshow feature.I tried it. There were some transition effects and text templates, but they were outdated.You can add music too, that's fine.

5. Brian Hiperson

Registered

upload_2020-11-11_15-11-32.png
    In general, I think this software is better than Movavi. The last thing I can stand about Movavi is that it's stuck.

Zoner Photo Studio X, which is very powerful software for image editing.Open the software, the interface is a little more complex professional, fortunately, there are more detailed operational guidelines.
    upload_2020-11-11_15-12-18.png
    The categories are very simple. There are only four.

upload_2020-11-11_15-12-25.png

This is the Develop interface, and it's a very professional interface, much like professional image processing software.I've tried it. It's a great photo editor and it's a great way to tweak the colors.

upload_2020-11-11_15-12-32.png

And this is the Editor interface.It's a lot like Photoshop, right?

upload_2020-11-11_15-12-39.png

Finally, there's the Create interface, where you can make videos, calendars, collages, and more. Unfortunately, there are only four special effects for video transitions.

upload_2020-11-11_15-12-46.png

Finally, this is the Manager interface.What kind of files will be presented here, and you can manage your various files here.

upload_2020-11-11_15-12-52.png

Summary: When it comes to organizing Photos, the most powerful experiences and capabilities are undoubtedly Google Photos and Windows Photos.But one of the biggest problems with these two tools is that they can't be exported to the local, so they can only be sorted within the tool.

Movavi is good, but it will lag, and it has a few minor flaws and a little bit less functionality, which is a pity.

Fotosifter is also good, but I personally think it is not beautiful enough, the guidance is not enough, and there are some functional defects.

Zoner was powerful, but I always felt that it was an Adobe Bridge type of software that was not so good for organizing images, but was good for editing.

And finally, in terms of price, Google Photos and Windows Photos are free, Zoner is $49 a year, or about $4.99 a month, Fotosifter is $22.79 a year, $2.96 a month, and Movavi is offering buyouts only, $39.95.

If I pick it myself, I'm going to pick Windows Photos and Fotosifter.Because Windows Photos is built-in, problems are rare.And because it doesn't have to connect to the network like Google Photos does, I don't have to worry about the network.Fotosifter was chosen because it was cheap enough and had passable features that required some learning costs, but it was a bit of a brain workout.

Von Jones likes this.
  6. Brian Hiperson

Registered

7. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I’m one of those that don’t sort but leave wherever they are uploaded but I don’t have that many photos.
    I delete many photos.