Heroes!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Brittany Houser, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

[​IMG] I JUST WANTED TO SHARE THIS!

2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

The image of hero in my eyes is my father-in-law. He's a short guy, about 5 feet 4 inches but he stands straight with confidence. I had heard of his exploits, from serving duty in the second world war as a member of the guerrilla forces that fought side by side with the USAFFE (US Armed Forces in the Far East) against the Japanese invaders. And after the war, he worked in an American company where he met his wife. He raised a family on a meager salary but he was able to build a decent house and was able to send his 6 children to school.

Well, it's a long story but this is the gist. When everybody was against me as the wife of his son, he was the first to stand up and who took me in his fold - my husband was in London at the time on a work assignment and I was left in the apartment all by myself. My father-in-law came before dinner time with a cart and hauled all our belongings. He said, "You will live with us in our house" which is just half a kilometer away.

3. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

That is a beautiful picture to look at. I also found the statement to be so true. Heroes can find a place in Heaven no doubt about that. Yes, there can be those who lay down their lives in the line of duty as the photo illustrates but there are other types of heroes. For me my parents will always be heroes for the way they manage to raise their kids and do so even in difficult times who still manage to make it some how. They were also good loving parents, so for me they definitely didn't die just changed their address.

Lara Moss and Brittany Houser like this.
  4. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

I agree with you Hannah. Heroes come in all forms! Sometimes what the world sees as mundane and normal is really extraordinary and should be appreciated.

Lara Moss likes this.
  5. Linda Binning

Linda Binning Veteran Member
    Registered

He sounds like a wonderful man.

Corie Henson likes this.
  6. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I like the picture and the honor it gives to our soliders that have given their lives and time to protect this country.

Brittany Houser likes this.
  7. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm with everyone hereā€¦it's a very touching and honorable piece of art. Thank you for sharing it Brittany.