Here's A Health Blog And Website By A Woman Doctor

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Babs Hunt, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Now days I have to admit I am more interested in learning more about staying healthy as I am able too by natural means. It's important to me to live on my own and take care of myself for as long as possible...which I'm sure it is to all of you too.

So I came across this website not to long ago by a female Physician who also cares about maintaining her own health and her patients in natural ways...and using prescriptions only as a last resort. She's the kind of Doctor that would be so helpful to all of us through the aging process and even if we can't have her for our personal Physician, we can learn a lot just by reading her Blog and other things on her website. I hope you enjoy her as much as I am. :)

https://www.drdeborahmd.com/about-dr-deborah-gordon

Terry Page likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'll take a look later...Fortunately I have a female dr that I like a lot. She doesn't push meds and is very understanding.

She will reply to my email message promptly and always adds a nice comment...it's usually to do with my family.

She knows when I visit them....and will often talk to me about them or ask how I enjoyed my visit with my grandsons, etc.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    Babs Hunt likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

We have a really nice and young female Primary Physician too who is a good Doctor and we like her very much too. The woman Doctor I had in Jacksonville was my favorite though. She was my age and we became not only Doctor and patient but friends too.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Nathaniel Roswell

Nathaniel Roswell Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It seems worth reading.Thanks for the recommendation babs! I'll look into it when I'm free.

5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I have heard of doctors suggesting natural remedies, unfortunately my doctor isn't one of them

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I think a few of the younger Doctors who are so concerned about their own good health and doing what they can to keep it that way through eating good foods, exercising, losing excess weight and learning ways to zap stress, etc. are helping their patients by sharing natural remedies, etc. as much as possible over prescriptions. Doctors know that most of the time prescription meds are just a band-aid for many illnesses. If they can help their patient get to the root of the problem causing their illness, pain, etc. which might be an unhealthy diet and excess weight, no exercise, to much stress and anxiety, etc. then helping the patient change their diet to include more nourishing and healing foods, encouraging them to do some form of exercise on a regular basis and lose excess weight, giving them information on how to stress less, etc....instead of just writing them a band-aid prescription...then most of their patients will not only get riid of many of their illnesses and pain, but also save money by not having to purchase those expensive prescriptions.

Many of the older Doctors do care about their patients but are so used to just writing prescriptions that this is what they will keep doing in many cases. The older Doctors who have learned to bring about wellness in their own bodies by natural means are more inclined to help their patients to do this too.

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When did they start letting women be doctors?

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

9. Ken Anderson

Actually, I can empathize with her on that one.

10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Why? He collapsed and was taken to ER.

11. Ken Anderson

When you've got people waiting with life-threatening problems, anxiety disorders are low on your list of priorities. It sounds to me like she was having tough day and failed to control her mouth.

Hedi Mitchell and Don Alaska like this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Still no reason to talk like that to someone who's having anxiety. I don't know if tests were done on him prior but anxiety symptoms mimic some serious real systems.

13. Ken Anderson

I agree but people do have bad days. As a paramedic, I know that most of the people we saw with anxiety attacks were ones who we were called to see every couple of weeks, and sometimes serious medical emergencies are left waiting for an available ambulance because we can't just assume that it's another anxiety attack.

14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

When women got tired of hearing the men Doctors saying "It's all in your head" to women. :)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Ken Anderson and Chrissy Cross like this.
  15. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered