Here Comes Another Storm in the North!

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Nikos Pine, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Nikos Pine

Nikos Pine Veteran Member
    Registered

More snow headed on its way to the North East! Just got hit with that big Juno storm only last week, and here comes another storm that is going to bring around a foot! They are saying it is going to start snowing as all the super bowl parties should be ending. There is a Winter Storm Warning in effect starting at 9pm, so any friends from there take care! Here is an article about it. (Warning: a video starts playing when you click it)http://www.wcvb.com/weather/significant-storm-in-forecast-for-massachusetts/31014724

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Living in roughly the center of Maine, I'll have to say that, so far, the storms haven't lived up to the hype. After all, it's the Northeast. It's supposed to snow. We're used to it. Nearly everyone with a truck has a plow on it. These days, every time a snow storm is predicted, they give it a name, as if it's the equivalent of a hurricane, and hype it up for days before, and then they continue with the hype after it's proven itself to be nothing more than white stuff. Overall, we've had less snow this year than we usually do, but you wouldn't know it from the news media.

3. Nikos Pine

Nikos Pine Veteran Member
    Registered

Being in New England myself, down near Connecticut, I know what you mean! People like to act as if they have never seen snow before, or never been through a storm. You should have seen the grocery store earlier when I tried to run out for a few items! The entire parking lot was full, so I drove to another store...same problem. It wasn't worth getting into the middle of all that chaos for a few items I really don't need. I just came home, maybe I will try again later before the snow really starts. We have until 9 I believe the news said, then it is starting.

4. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I am from Cleveland so I know snow, maybe not as much as you guys get but it does snow a lot there. I moved a little south to avoid the snow and really cold weather that Ohio gets. The DC area does get cold and snow but not as bad as the Northeast and Ohio areas do. Stay safe up there guys. I hate when we lose power due to the storms.

5. Ken Anderson

Our favorite weather reporter has come up with another one.

6. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

It's not his fault. I just looked out the window to see it is snowing in my area not like what you are due to get. It is February and this is Febrary weather. I use to live in Cleveland Ohio, the main reason I moved was the winters are too harsh for me. If would never leave my house if I was in Maine.

7. Ken Anderson

Boston and New York usually get worse weather than we do in the winter.

8. Ken Anderson

It's been snowing pretty steadily today, although not really a storm, and it's supposed to be in the 40s tomorrow so maybe we'll get a reprieve. I still have no doubt that we'll get some good storms again this month, since we usually do in March.

9. Ken Anderson

Just so you know, I don't think it qualifies as a storm but it's been snowing steadily here all day. We've gotten about a foot of it so far, and it doesn't look like it's going to stop soon.

10. Ken Anderson

We ended up getting as much snow as we have had from any snowstorm this winter. We won't be gardening soon.

[​IMG]

11. Ken Anderson

:: sigh :: snow again today :: sigh ::

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Ken Anderson

Significant Snowfall May Be Coming Easter Weekend

13. Ken Anderson

Here we are, April 4th, and it is snowing very hard here today. After a few relatively warm days, I didn't think it would happen but it is.