Hello, Walls

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Frank Sanoica, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Ever feel like the walls are closing in on you? A multitude of things during everyday life have somehow coalesced together, all being binding and constrictive of the mind, and somehow things just have gotten "out of sorts".

I know that feeling pretty well, even though I'm the happy-go-lucky guy I always was (Ha!).

Know that feeling, too? Can it be explained, or is it an imponderable?

Frank

2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh yes. I get that feeling whenever things start breaking all at the same time, and I can't fix them myself. That is happening right now. My reaction is to block it all out of my mind, and do nothing, even less than I would normally do, or do something totally unrelated to any of it. Silly, isn't it?

3. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Nancy Hart
    Impressive lady, you be!!! An inspirational answer 6 minutes after I clicked "GO"!. Please, explain more in detail, what are these intruding events, ideas, circumstances or conditions doing to place you in the position needing to block it all out? I hear exactly where you're coming from, as compared to my own sometimes dismal state of mind!

Silly? No, I think not. Not at all. You will "brave it all out", I predict.

I would love to hear about those things that are breaking you mention. Maybe, in some way,I can help. Buck up, girl! Frank

4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

What's the matter Frank?...got cabin fever ..or is there something else wrong?

It's odd isn't it...when you @Nancy Hart said you are feeling overwhelmed because of things that need repairing, my first instinct was to say ..ok, what is it, we'll come and help fix it for you... but of course we can't you're too far away... but perhaps we can help some other way, maybe instruction or something...

5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Windmills. For the lack of a real definition, I call those times windmills and yes, I think everyone has a windmill moment, or two, or three, or...........

I try to envision Don Quixote sitting high on his steed, shield and sword in hand readying himself to fight the giants. They have four huge arms and stand high and heavy but in actuality, the giants are all just windmills with their “arms” simply flailing in the wind.
    What seems overwhelming is only my own Quixotic view on things and in reality, isn’t as important nor vexing as it appears to be.
    For me, when I am able to get the full vision and come up with a chuckle, things seem to lighten up a bit and I can breath.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

If the walls at Nancy Hart 's house & cabin could talk, they would tell us that they are in good hands. Her new closet would be boasting and passing around pictures! It's just a matter of jealousy, by the pump, the fence, the pear tree, the golf cart and the mower. They want some attention too. Nancy has always been a "Lion-tamer", when it comes to keeping things ticking! We could all take lessons from her. Maybe her tooth implant, caused her to bite off more than she could chew? :oops:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Willie Nelson and Faron Young - The story behind "Hello Walls"

Nancy Hart and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have those kinds of days, too.
    I call them “the sky is falling “ days, after the old Chicken Little kids story. Normally, I am at least fairly versatile, and try to deal with whatever life throws at me; but sometimes, like Frank and Nancy are talking about, it just seems to all come at once, and then I just come apart and can’t deal with anything sensibly.
    I literally feel like that little fairytale hen, running aimlessly and sqawking. Eventually, we get something fixed, or just I get a good night’s sleep, and the next day I am functional again. But when I am in that mood, I really do feel like the world is coming to an end and everything is hopeless.

9. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I think this is what I'm about to repeat, only a different way. I'm not as good with words as you are, Bobby.

When a lot of things hit you all at once, you tend to panic, and if you force yourself to start fighting battles immediately, you tend to make foolish mistakes. Maybe my method of blocking things out, is like taking a deep breath or a time out to calm down. Sometimes it turns out things are not as important as they seem, or there is a simple solution you couldn't think of, when you were in panic mode.

However, there is a limit to this. When you've passed the panic stage and you're still blocking things out of your mind, that's going too far. It may be just laziness, or stubbornness, but I suspect it's more like a "hangup" as we used to say. I'm aware of it.

When my mother was alive and I was the only "fixer" so to speak, this was more stressful. Living alone allows me to procrastinate. It's just me and the cat and the goat. And they don't care as long they get fed.

Yes, another way of saying it (posted at the same time).

10. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

There have been times when things and events have closed in on me from all directions, with microsecond simultaniety.

This resulted in a perfectly spherical compression, making me infinitesimally small, and increasing my density to that of a
    diamond, with the resultant release of energy similar to that from an imploding nuclear core.

Then when I reach equilibrium a few millionths of a second later, I feel refreshed.

Hal

Joe Riley and Frank Sanoica like this.
  11. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh that's so funny you should say that Yvonne..because that's exactly how I feel about those type of pressure type times ... I call them chickin' lickin' days...

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  12. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

It's an imponderable. ;)

13. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Hal Pollner
    And you didn't explode!
    Frank

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Shirley Martin

Right on! :)

A matter of my personal specialty, imponderables that is, as you well know! My other is the intangibles!
    Frank

Joe Riley and Bobby Cole like this.
  15. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Or, perhaps, immaterial?