Hebrew Letters Show The Constellations

Discussion in 'Evolution of Language' started by Yvonne Smith, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I found this chart yesterday (on the Internet, of course), and I don't exactly understand everything about it; but the implication is incredible . The chart shows how each constellation actually looks in the sky, how the star are placed. Then it shows the name of the constellation, and then, it shows the Hebrew letter, and the letters are shaped almost the same as the outline of the stars in each constellation.
    If jut a few letters happened to be shaped like the stars of some constellation , it would still be impressive; but the sheer fact that ALL of the letters and the constellation that corresponds with it , are the same, is just flat incredible.
    I now need to read more about this, and try to understand the whole thing better; but since the Hebrew alphabet is one of the world's oldest alphabets, this is definitely a part of word origins.
    image.jpeg

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

The Hebrew alphabet is listed in Psalm 119. This psalm is one of about a dozen alphabetic acrostic poems in the Bible. Its 176 verses are divided into twenty-two, 8 verse stanzas, one stanza for each letter of the Hebrew alphabet; within each stanza, each of the eight verses begins (in Hebrew) with that letter.

But why do we not see this upon reading Psalm 119? This pattern is only seen in the Hebrew text. In any other language, it would be difficult—even impossible—to retain both the poetic form of the psalm and the accuracy of translation. But the translators have used the Hebrew letters to section off what is the largest chapter of any book of the Bible, and also given us an accurate translation.

(22)
    Alph
    Beth
    Gimel
    Daleth
    He
    Waw
    Zayin
    Heth
    Teth
    Yodh
    Kaph
    Lamedh
    Mem
    Nun
    Samekh
    Ayin
    Pe
    Tsadhe
    Qoph
    Resh
    Sin and Shin
    Taw

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  3. Harry Kemp

Harry Kemp Veteran Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith, there is a Greek name for this phenomenon, seeing patterns that may be there or may not. It's the same as looking at clouds and seeing people's face, animals, etc. Or seeing patterns in tea leaves. Perhaps the wise men of the ancient Jews choose their alphabet from constellations, but I truly doubt it. Especially with the inclusion of the Southern Cross, I believe this can only be seen from the Southern Hemisphere.

4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Torah Code
    [​IMG]
    "The discovery of significant words spelled out at equidistant skip sequences of letters in the original text of the Hebrew Bible is powerful evidence that the Bible is a work of God rather than a work of men.

God’s way of righteousness is by faith in Jesus Christ. Faith implies a decision to trust, without proof. For those who take that step God sends the Holy Spirit to make the Bible come alive and He takes the believer on a journey where faith grows and matures. We have an opportunity to increase faith when we comprehend what has been called the Torah Code, an underlying pattern of words spelled out at equidistant skip sequences throughout the original text of the Hebrew Bible".

5. Harry Kemp

Registered

Ah, but how do we decide on what a Significant word is? I must admit for personal and rational reasons I will believe in people and things there is almost irrefutable proof for, the atom, the Eiffel Tower, Arnold Schwarzenegger, John Hurt, etc.

Joe Riley likes this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think that some things are discerned physically, like the Eiffel Tower, and some things are only discerned spiritually. We all have a spiritual side (at least I think we all do); but some people either ignore that part, or maybe they don't realize that it is real.
    I think that this is why some people have a belief in God and others do not. You can't just go out and take a picture of God and post it on Facebook, or prove that God exists in the same way that you can prove that the Eiffel Tower exists.
    However, if a person seeks out God with their spiritual self, then He does become very real to you, and will manifest Himself in your life.
    Each person has to determine whether they will integrate the spiritual part and connect with God, or whether they just choose to only use the physical senses to discern what is real.
    The difference is like choosing to see colors or to go through life colorblind, but when a person has never seen color, it is hard for them to believe it exists sometimes.

7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Language can be more of a barrier to communication, rather than a gateway to understanding. Spiritual filters are in play, when it comes to understanding the Bible. The same One who brought inspiration to it's writers, also brings illumination and revelation to it's Readers. It is Divine Book, in human form.

8. Harry Kemp

Registered

I did not say I believe in nothing, but I think it is beyond our understanding, a clear contradiction of nihil ex nihilo fit. Any human religion lacks the full story in my opinion.

9. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi there Harry
    We are 'confined' by our knowledge as it is thus far
    We need to think beyond that knowledge just as Einstein and the others did, otherwise we'd never progress would we
    There's much more to explore and find ..................

Ina I. Wonder and Harry Kemp like this.
  10. Harry Kemp

Registered

Hi Patsy , yes knowledge alone can be a straitjacket. Imagination, as long it's well-bridled is far more important
    I hope there is more than just the physical world and have some personal anecdotally based beliefs. I do not endorse any religions because I feel they are not based on the whole truth or the greater part of it.

11. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Harry Kemp
    I'm a spiritual person - right from a child, an inner feeling that there was 'more'
    Had lots of incidences so I have no doubt at all regarding afterlife

Harry Kemp likes this.
  12. Harry Kemp

Registered

@Patsy Faye Me too! I went on several spiritual courses and one of my teachers remembered me as a promising psychometrist. I also had a past life regression- I believed I was a roman merchant. I take some of these cum grano salis. One or two of the people I met seemed charlatans most utterly genuine. I distrust organized religions who, over the centuries have acted against free speech and profited from the suffering of the people

13. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

A lot of people probably don't understand where our own word "alphabet" came from. The first two letters of the Hebrew alphabet.

Harry Kemp and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Harry Kemp
    I've always been psychic Harry, its dwindled as time has gone on, due I think, to the mind being cluttered with other things
    I think we're 'free spirits' :)
    I feel a very strong connection with the mining community, if I watch a documentary on the subject I get very emotional
    I have no mining connections ..................

Harry Kemp likes this.
  15. Harry Kemp

Registered

I have usually allowed my intellect to overall my hunches, intuition, which is usually pretty good. My intellect is often wrong, because, of course, you can make an intellectual argument for anything. I think there is definitely something beyond our world, but I don't think anyone alive has a good understanding of it.
    Perhaps you were connected with mining in a past life! Are you a Brit?

Ina I. Wonder likes this.