Heathy Eating Now Considered To Be An Eating Disorder!

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Yvonne Smith, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

You would think that with all of the ads we hear advising people to eat healthy foods that they would be happy when people actually do choose a healthy diet over eating junk foods.
    Apparently not.
    A new report has come out that says that people who strive to eat healthy foods in their diet have an eating disorder.
    Seriously ? ? So, if we eat burgers and fries, we are just normal people; but if we want fresh vegetables, and chemical-free meats, then we have a mental problem.
    As crazy as this sounds, people are going to be diagnosed with this new eating disorder, and actively be treated for it.
    Better tell your physician that your favorite place to eat is McDonald's.....

http://naturalsociety.com/officials-label-healthy-eating-as-newest-eating-disorder/

Ed Wilson likes this.
  2. Lydia Williams

Lydia Williams Veteran Member
    Registered

I can't believe what I'm reading. It's incomprehensible. Surely wanting to be healthy is a good thing? Come on. Wanting to cure people of being healthy...? :confused: Some people may take it a little overboard but I think making it a disorder isn't right.

3. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens Veteran Member
    Registered

I've heard of orthorexia nervosa before and I suppose it can be a real concern if people become too obsessed with healthy eating and never allow themselves to enjoy their food, but this report seems to take things a bit far. If wanting to eat healthy food is a disorder, that's just crazy. What's unfortunate is that there are so many different theories about what constitutes a healthy diet, that it's far too easy to become obsessed with trying to work out which self-proclaimed expert is really telling the truth.

4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Big pharma is in bed with the psychiatric officials to make all things a drug related deficiency.
    Years ago if you needed a doctor for a mental medical problem it was dealt by taking to you. Now it is by pumping drugs into you and making every normal behavior a mental problem. They are even going into schools and giving the children tests that no one can pass to put them on one drug or another.

Jenn Windey likes this.
  5. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

As someone pointed out there is an eating disorder that does involve someone being obsessed with healthy lving and exercise. But that doesn't mean that everyone else show adopts a healthy eating lifestyle has an eating diorder as well. For this study to say so is ridiculous. Eating right is something we are all advised to do by our doctors. Especially when we have health issues and need to lose weight as well.

6. Martin Alonzo

Registered

What they call healthy eating is following the food pyramid. Which is a disaster when it came out there was 15% of the population obese and following their guidelines it is now closer to 50% . They are right eating healthy by their standards is unhealthy. Look at the food pyramid most is grains and Mayo clinic say 1/3 of the population is gluten intolerant this means grains are destroying their digestion track it is impossible to be healthy if you do not absorb the nutriments the body needs.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Government recommendations are heavily influenced by whichever agricultural industry is lobbying them the heaviest.

Trevalius Guyus and Ed Wilson like this.
  8. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

I like to eat healthy, and by my own admission I would say that I probably would be considered to have an unhealthy attitude about it. Plain and simple there are some things I will not buy, I certainly would not eat, and will not let my family eat in my presence. Why? because in my own experience some of the things they tell you are food are no where near what I was raised to believe is anything of the sort. Read a label once and awhile, you want a real simple shocker next time you go to the grocer read a label for bread crumbs, is that what you would expect to be in something as basic as bread crumbs?

When the demand for more organic foods is high the price increases, through the 60's-70's there were frequently concerns on how the world would feed it's growing population, we all might remember classes that discussed the starving children in Ethiopia. Now there are starving people in the US and other industrialized nations and you know why that is? because they are not eating real foods. It is making people sick and they take the drugs that the doctor says too, and then they need drugs for what the other drugs do to them. What fertile grounds for these corporations to churn out "food" and "medicine" to solve the problem. A solution with a very heavy price tag.

Yesterday I paid $5 for three oranges, green beans on sale were $1.99 a pound, not even going to comment on the cost of chicken.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  9. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm not obsessed with eating healthy foods. I'm obsessed with NOT eating unhealthy food. I refuse to eat Crisco, oleo( mostly called margarine these days), artificial sweeteners of any kind, and I try to avoid GMO as much as possible.

10. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

A book was published some years (decades?) ago that illustrated how to find and eliminate foods and drinks that harm yourself. It was a little similar to the elimination diet that was more commonly known, and actually the elimination diet is or can be somewhat helpful also in identifying allergies and avoiding those foods that bring harm via allergy to it or things added to or sprayed on it.
    People could test themselves at home, or whenever/ wherever they ate something or drank something, and discover over a few months what is necessary to avoid, and what is okay.... and by continuing to do this, most illness is avoided and/or resolved. Obviously, if a bus runs into you, diet might not make a huge difference then (although it can make recovery from shock or trauma a lot easier when a good healthy diet has resulted in a strong body and mind.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Depends on what they are calling healthy. Majority of what we eat is not healthy because of the crap they put in the foods.
    My insurance company called the other day- to go over my medicine. Why I have no idea as I don't need their help in that area. She asked me several questions- do you eat a health and balanced diet..my answer No..most of general public doesn't ..I just don't lie about it
    Do you exercise..my answer No..why not she asked...my snicker...hell I am gonna die anyway- besides trying to excersis is what got me into the mess.
    I excerise my remote control finger.
    However I am up and down all day long.
    There are certain things I do buy because it makes me feel like I am at least trying to eat ..better..low salt things- avoid high fructose sugars..etc.
    No artificial sweeteners anymore...those are a real killer.
    Moderation is a key player and trying to ignore the callings of the bakery in the grocery store.
    My doctor claims the medicine I get and my monitoring by doctors will lead me to a long and healthy life.
    My answer. Doc that is BS and you know it. Its not about living longer, its about living decent while still here.
    So far so good;)

Jeff Elohim likes this.
  12. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Any food that you have to read to know what your eating is probably not good for you . When you see a fruit, vegetable or even meat it dose not need to tell you what is in it.

Jeff Elohim likes this.