Healthcare In America

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Frank Sanoica, May 9, 2019.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

This editorial, received from my old friend Charlie, has numerous eye-opening inferences in it. Most believable, based on instinct. It was printed side-ways, so that scanning it became dubious. Look it over, if legible, let's consider it's implications.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

@Frank Sanoica the article was apparently written by a Naturopath, or some other advocate of natural healing. I don't disagree with most of what is said, but his contention that chemotherapy kills more than cancer is pure bull. I remember the days when childhood leukemia was almost universally fatal--at least 80% died within a few months of diagnosis. That is no monger the case, about 80% survive. Chemo is not a good thing, but immunotherapy has now taken center stage and proves to be the future of cancer treatment. Government mettling in the healthc are system is the reason that costs are so high in the U.S., and the more they mess with it, the higher costs go. I listened to a lecture by a primary care physician a couple days ago, and he listed the numbers of doctors who have begun refusing to participate in Medicare due to the fact they would go bankrupt if they continued to participate. Much of the primary care is now done by mid-level practitioners (PAs and NPs), and that generally leads to many drugs and little therapy. Patients are put on meds for the rest of their lives as is pointed out in your article and that is fine with big pharma, as that is their aim.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

It's usually not very productive to compare countries like the US (which is almost a continent) with tiny nation states like Norway, the population of which is almost as large as that of Berlin (the German capital) alone, just by bringing in some parameters and not spelling out the reasons for the differences as is done in the text. Norway, as a kind of model state benefiting tremendously from special conditions, is often referred to in Germany, too, whenever someone wants to criticise conditions in Germany and, for want of a better example, then points to Norway or to the Scandinavian countries or to Switzerland. Yet Germany is not comparable to Norway nor is the US. Conditions in all these countries are totally different. So why compare apples to oranges?

Pointing to Norway and Switzerland won't help. Way too different are the social conditions in general, such as population, values, tax system, economic resources, income, history, tradition, experience, i.e. the mentality of the people in those countries. The totality of these conditions either make a certain policy on healthcare possible in one country and prevent it in another. Those who want to copy solutions would need to copy the precise conditions which those solutions are based on was well.
    The root of the problem seems to be inherent in the US alone. The author puts his finger on some aspects.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Frank Sanoica and Beth Gallagher like this.
  4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I am not against doctors I think they do a good job at diagnosing ailment but can not cure them. The surgery is probably the best in the world. If I was in an accident I would go to the hospital. That is where it ends. The US has the sickest people and one of the lowers 5 year survival rate for children. Even the medical system says it is the third leading cause of death. So giving free access to this system should be a crime. This system has attacked all other forms of healing calling them quackery even if they are successful. It is time to rethink the whole medical system and use success as the guideline not money.

5. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Don Alaska here is some information on natural curing of Leukemia.

According to the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York arsenic trioxide can, at dose of 0.02 to 0.06 mg, put 11 of 12 acute promyelocytic leukemia patients into remission after only 30 days of supplementation and eight of the original 12 were still disease free a year later. The original Chinese study showed acute leukemia patients were still disease free 10 years after starting the same arsenic therapy!

6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Seriously? If someone in your family was diagnosed with leukemia, you'd be OK with "natural curing?" No, thanks.

Don Alaska and Frank Sanoica like this.
  7. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York is the premier cancer hospital in the US they do not do natural medicine. Even them who only use drugs had to admit that only one mineral had the power to cure. I hope Beth if you had leukemia and you when to the premier cancer hospital and they said we are going to use a natural cure. You would say no?

8. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

It's not health care, it's SICK CARE, we have to take care of our health and not get to the point where we are handed a bunch of toxic drugs to compound issues,

I've been working on my own health for 25 yrs, since after menopause hit me and my mother was into Prevention decades ago...so I am a lot like she was only more advanced. There is so much on the Dr. Google if we have issues we can start to find our help, if we can't see a GOOD doctor...and yes naturopaths and integrative/functional MD's are the only ones I believe in.

And there is so much info on cancer health and prevention and even therapies that are not toxic. I have friends who are dealing with their cancers holistically and I lost 3 people in my life in the last few years who only did what the MD's pushed, chemo and radiation.

When I first got introduced to Pycnogenol in 1995, we were told "May Prevent Cancers" and in the last 10 yrs or so Pyc and grape seed extract are being used in cancer research. Amazing...trials that are printed are for breast, colon, prostate and skin cancers.

Cancer and all their drugs are a mega ultra billion dollar business.

9. Joy Martin

Registered

They are using Grape Seed Extract in their cancer research...Do a search

https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/integrative-medicine/herbs/grape-seed

I believe Mayo, City of Hope and others are more involved in GSE and cancers.

10. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Trump is going after the corruption in medical field
    BREAKING: President Trump SHOCKING Press Conference at Surprise Medical Billing in HealthCare Speech

11. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

@Martin Alonzo Arsenic trioxide sounds like standard allopathic medicine from the 1850s to me, not natural at all. I suppose mercuric chloride and lead monoxide could cure things too. I wouldn't consider any of them natural. The grape seed extract and pycnogenol mentioned by @Joy Martin are natural remedies that are plant-based foods essentially.

12. Joy Martin

Registered

Our president is the poorest example of good health, give me another Big Mac...I believe he's on statins and diabetic drugs. Sure I'll listen to him.

13. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I know drug pricing has been one of Trump's big targets since his election, and he is being fought tooth-and-nail by big pharma. The media doesn't cover it since drugs are one of their big advertising revenue sources since the Clinton Administration legalized direct advertising of prescription drugs to the public in 1997. They don't want to bite the hand that feed them. I was unaware of the Surprise Billing Initiative, and I thank you for bringing it to my attention. I am sure the hospitals (especially the for-profit chains) have been fighting him on that one too. Just another example of Trump fighting for the public that the public is unaware of due to the anti-Trump bias.

14. Joy Martin

Registered

15. Joy Martin

Registered

He'll say anything for his "base"...