Haven

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ken Anderson, May 3, 2018.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

For those of you with real television, this series has been over since 2015 but, for those of us who have cut the cord, it doesn't really matter.

Running from 2010-2015, Haven is about a fictional coastal town in Maine whose people are plagued with the "troubles," which are supernatural things that occur to them, or to people around them.

One boy's dreams became real, and affected the people he was dreaming about.

A man was able to anticipate what others were going to think or do next, and the constant stimuli drove him mad.

A woman kept giving birth to babies, whose life aged the father to the point of dying of old age within days.

It's not the sort of show that is going to leave you wondering if it could be true. You know that it's not but it makes for a good story.

I think it could be compared to the X Files, except that I like Haven better, maybe because it's set in Maine.

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I definitely think that could have something to do with your liking it Ken. :D Then again...I think now days we need more shows that we know aren't reality because there just seems to be to many shows on now days that show the worst of life's reality. We need to bring back Tim Allen in Tool Time....after all they brought back Roseanne...and I'll take Tim Allen over her any day! :)

Ken Anderson and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Ken Anderson

There was some talk about Fox picking up his last show, Last Man Standing.

I guess Haven was well liked though, given that it lasted five seasons.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yeah, I bing watched it some time ago on Netflix. For me, after the barn blew up I kinda lost some interest. Maybe it’s because the “troubles” weren’t around much any more but it was still a good show and pretty good acting to boot.

Von Jones likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

It was a nice move bringing William Shatner in at the end.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Neville Telen

Neville Telen Veteran Member
    Registered

I have it on DVD. I liked it when it was on, and still do. It's one of those DVDs I reached for every year, usually around November through December, when commercial TV went Xmas crazy. Now that I dispensed with Comcast and the TV antenna, that problem has been permanently solved, but I still watch some Haven now and then.

Ken Anderson likes this.