Have You Heard Of Junkables.com

Discussion in 'Self Employment' started by Krissttina Isobe, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

I was looking for alternatives to e-bay to sell our things we no longer want and found junkables.com. Has anyone heard of junkables.com? Did you have any experience with junkables.com and how did the transaction go?

Bonnie Thomas and Diane Lane like this.
  2. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

I had never heard of them before, but I looked them up and they have some gorgeous vintage and antique things! I'm so glad you posted, krissttina! I will be going back to this one. They have reasonable prices as well.

3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

No, I'm not familiar with it, and I usually keep on top of such things. I'll have to take a gander and see how it is. I'm actually looking around, because I'm considering transitioning to another site in addition to Etsy. Junkables wouldn't do for that purpose, but I cross-promote and network with other online sellers, so I'll share it with them if it looks good. If you set up a shop or list some items, I hope it goes well. Do you sell locally using any apps such as 5 miles or OfferUp, or do you prefer no in person contact?

4. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I looked into the site. It would do well if you're wanting to sell off vintage or antique items. I visited several listings and noticed not too many, I would say less than 500 for the ones I checked out. So this site must be fairly new. Another thing I noticed is prices are set to sell. I'll have to read all the particulars for signing in as a member plus read the small print.:rolleyes:

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:The only thing is I hate to mail things like glass, so I look for local buyers. Newspapers sometimes have buyers like American Pickers in the region that you live. Sometimes you are lucky like for our old materials like obi material that my Grandmother brought back from Japan in 1950 that a buyer was interviewed and appeared in the newspapers that's interested in buying local products like the obi we were selling. Obi is a special kind of material for kimono.