Have You Ever?

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Tex Dennis, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

Well for me created a 'hear a pin drop situation', some time back at a very formal dinner realized some new kin folks in my dad's new marriage after mother past were bluntly taking advantage of dad and told them in front of all what I thought of them. Instant silence.

Bobby Cole and Holly Saunders like this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Living where I do (retirement apartments) yes, many times - when I tell 'Management' what I think of them !

Hedi Mitchell and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Not sure of the topic, but I'll have a go at an embarrassing... Creating a Hearing a Pin Drop Situation.

The wife of my former boss used to raise daylilies (flowers) as a hobby. All kinds of them. I don't particularly care for them. You find the older varieties everywhere growing almost wild, like daffodils.

We were at a party once at the boss's house, and there was a lengthy discussion of daylilies. I blurted out, "They are really hard to kill. I even sprayed Roundup on mine and it didn't kill them." Instant silence.

Luckily she had a great sense of humor.

4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Ha ha ! Fab ! :p

5. Tex Dennis

Registered

good one

6. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

No, not me.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  7. Tex Dennis

Registered

Being very much the type to say what I think my instance was one of many but about the best, I said after listening all the praise and references to my dad's resources that I came here for 3 reasons tonight in this order. To be with my father, to get a free meal and last to meet you folks, yet you have managed to ruin all 3, so told dad I AM LEAVING CALL ME WHEN THEY LEAVE I WILL BE BACK TO EAT AND BE WITH YOU.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  8. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Years ago I was invited to a formal dinner in honour of my friends son Bar Mitzvah.. This was in Montreal..
    I was extremely close to the family of the young boy so I was seated next to the head table.. Well, next to me was seated the Pascal family and Mrs. Pascal was sitting just next to me.. The Pascal's owned several huge hardware and house-wear stores in Montreal.. They knew my father and kept asking about him and my family..
    Well the Pascal's liked to go on cruises and were always planning one, and worst of all, boasting about it.. During the elaborate meal, I promptly turned to Mrs. Pascal and wanted to ask her about her next cruise........ but....... I must of had a senior moment as I asked (in a loud voice) ..................... "So Mrs. Pascal, when is your next ....... (pause as I forgot the word cruise) .... SHIP TRIP"..??????
    Needless to say, everyone laughed their heads off and Mrs. Pascal thought it was the funniest thing she ever heard....
    SHIP TRIP Steve???? You wouldn't mean cruise would you????

9. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Um I have several Have you ever times - unfortunately, they are repeatable on a public forum...;)

Shirley Martin likes this.
  10. Tex Dennis

Registered

Always been one here to speak what is on my mind good or bad even in school I had teachers tell me to tone it down I instantly asked them well is it not the truth? I added I thought the purpose of school was to prepare us for our later life so why not be real in the description? She just said who want's to be next not replying.