Have You Ever Won Anything?

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Holly Saunders, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I can't remember if this topic has been covered in the past , please excuse me if it has....but ...I mean a prize or the lottery or a medal, perhaps an award for something?

Years ago I won a whole half of a Pig as a raffle prize just before Christmas . The local butcher chopped it up into all sorts of joints, sausages, bacon etc , but there was still way too much for me to keep in my upright freezer....so I donated a good half of it to our local Seniors centre and apparently they had the best Christmas dinner ever..

Have you ever won anything?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Chris Ladewig

Chris Ladewig Veteran Member
    Registered

Way back in 1976 my husband won a new Buick Skyhawk in a church raffle. He won it though I just got it by association. I've never won any thing big my self.

Holly Saunders and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I won a descent saltwater rod/reel at a monthly meeting of a fishing club here. Never used it and sold in a garage sale.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  4. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

Won a 3 night stay at our sister hotel in Reddington Beach, Fl.
    Going to pair it this September with 4 nights at Disney World.

[​IMG]

5. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I had not won anything except a flip of a coin where I had a fifty fifty chance of winning. I don't play when the odds are bad. So that is probably why I never win.

6. Well, when I was a little child, I won a miniature loaf of Wonder Bread from a local bakery- was absolutely delighted!

In elementary school, I won every spelling bee, and a First Prize blue ribbon for my African Violets plant at school science fair.

In adult life, I won $50 twice on scratch-off lottery tickets, which isn't bad 'cause I rarely bought lottery tickets.

7. Augusta Heathbourne

Augusta Heathbourne Veteran Member
    Registered

In 1966 I won a go-go dance contest sponsored by the local pop music station in Wichita, Kansas. The prize was a pea-green sweatshirt with KLEO on the front.
    In 1967 I won a full life-size poster of John Lennon from a local radio station in Mount Vernon, Washington.
    In 1971 I won the 'Best written & performed radio advertisement of the year' for a local radio station in Bellingham, Washington. The prize was dinner for two at a lovely local restaurant.
    In 2002 I won a basket with three bottles of wine (red, white, and sparkling) at an American Civil War Round Table of Australia conference.

8. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm not lucky with lottery or raffles, but a couple of incidences have made me laugh
    At Bingo (years ago) I won a joint of pork ! Ugh, I don't like pork, so passed that one on :rolleyes:

On the radio I entered a competition. Me and another woman on air, had to listen to a song then answer questions on it
    The song was Monster Mash :p you had to shout out your name at the end of each question and answer.
    I got 'all' the questions right ! Excited I waited for me prize ................ It was ................
    a Denis Roussos LP :( not a fan, so I sat and pondered, who can I give this to o_O
    A- hah - the Greek dry cleaners down the road !! :p Denis, the singer, was Greek :rolleyes:
    Their face was a picture as I handed it over :cool: