Have You Ever Had an OBE?

Discussion in 'Dreams & Interpretations' started by Yvonne Smith, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

@Bill Boggs , this story is INCREDIBLE ! !
    You need to submit this one to Ken for his new section on articles and stories. It might not fit the 500 word regulation, so you would probably have to modify it a little, but the story is perfect for this.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh, I don't know if he'd want something like this. I did cut it down just to see if i could. It's not a fiction.

So, does that fit the definition for an OBE?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  3. Yvonne Smith

That is a good question, @Bill Boggs , and it seems to me that it would qualify as one, since you both remember the conversation on the hospital roof. I am no expert on this kind of thing; so we will have to let some of the people who understand this stuff better weigh in on what your experience was.
    In any case, it was incredible, and you saved your friend's life !

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

That is a wonderful story @Bill Boggs and I'm so happy Virgil lived. I would consider it an OBE for both you and Virgil. It seems to also lean towards being a Spirtual connection too between the two of you.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Billie Lane

Billie Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

@ Bill Boggs
    It certainy fits the definition of an Astral experience.
    I would say it was a telepathically induced O.B.E. without question.
    The fact that everything is remembered so clearly reinforces that.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bill Boggs ...great story...you did good.
    OBE...personally I do not know. But I do believe in the spiritual connection between the two of you. Kinda like...experiences that twin siblings often have.:)

Bill Boggs likes this.
  7. Bill Boggs

Registered

I always thought it was some kind of astral experience. He and I used to talk about it in the coffeeshop. When some of his buddies were around odor would drop in, He would introduce me and say, this is my brother. He saved my life.. I would tell him not to be so dramatic, who knew what factors might be involved. He's say I don't care what was involved. I don't understand all the details. They were going to kill me and I asked you for help and you had the guts to do what was necessary. The fact is I didn't know what to do.

Jeff Tracy and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Jeff Tracy

Jeff Tracy Veteran Member
    Registered

Hi again country star, when I was four years old my mom & dad split up and mom and me went to stay at my cousins in another part of the country. I had never been to their house before and was frightened and confused. That first night I left my body and looked around then floated down the stairs and out into the street, this way of travelling seemed so right and so easy and so very REAL . I went up the street and eventually came to a park then returned to my cousins. Let me say now 'this was real' not a dream, not drugs, not just being upset, I found out much later in life about 'astral voyaging' and this experience fits that in every way. So the next morning I got up with this experience still fresh and I went to the top of the stairs AND JUMPED ... needless to say I did not float gracefully down as I had a few hours earlier. The big crash as I fell and cried out awoke the whole house. Not wanting to say why I had jumped I made out I had tripped and fallen. Later that day I asked mom if we could go to the park up the road. She said I was being silly again but my cousins (two boys) assured her that there WAS a park up the road and I then described it and they confirmed it. All this was sixty four years ago and it is still all as clear as crystal. I have had a few other similar experiences later in life and even started to study and practice astral projection. That led me down a dark side street in life into all things 'occult' which my inner self told me to get away from, so I did. With all my heart and all honesty I can tell you Yvonne and you Bill that this was a genuine out-of-body experience and yours were too. I believe it is as natural to us as any other bodily function and part of a much richer tapestry of the psyche that we have all left behind. I believe in God but not the different labels we put on belief. I believe in 'The Holy Trinity' because that is what I was raised on. Anything that is not loving and caring including every religion in the world can go #### itself but your experiences were real Yvonne and Bill. (sorry to be so serious, not usually my thing)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

That is an amazing experience that you had in that OBE dream, @Jeff Tracy , and thank you for sharing that with us ! I have been interested in this kind of thing; but I have also heard that it can lead a person into the occult, and dark things, and I do not want to go near there.
    Obviously the experience that we (you, me, @Bill Boggs ) had with the OBE was not something that took us to the dark side; so there must be some way of separating the two kinds of astral projection. I think that it sounds like the prophets in the Bible who were taken someplace and shown things by an angel must have had some kind of a similar experience, and it was directed by God.
    I have had dreams before that seemed like they were real and actually happened to me, but this was the first time that I experienced something where I thought I was outside of my body.
    People who have had a NDE seem to report having the same kind of thing happen to them, where they saw their body lying in a hospital bed or on an operating table, and they were able to describe what happened during the operation after they re-awakened from the coma.

Jeff Tracy likes this.
  10. Jeff Tracy

Registered

I think it happens when we are really unhappy or frightened or feel trapped.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Bill Boggs

Registered

I don't know, Jeff. Mine seemed to happen out of the blue when a friend had a heart attack but maybe so.

12. Jeff Tracy

Registered

Obviously you shared empathy through your friendship and felt your friends grief which 'called you out'.

13. Bill Boggs

Registered

Here's a quick story for @Yvonne Smith if I can make it short. My mother and her sister lived across the street and a few doors down from each other. They both seem to dream a lot and one day a week they got together and talked and would tell each other of dreams they had experienced. As time went by they would one would say to the other I dreamed so and so died and within a few days, a week or so sure enough that person died. I have sit in with Mom and my aunt and heard some of these tales, have made fun of some of them. But over several months these death dreams seem to come true with regularity. A gal mom used to work with, a cousin of them both, a friend I grew up with, others .i didn't know but they did. It got so they worried about it and wondered should they tell or talk about it anymore. Mother called me one morning and said I'm scared, I dreamed Truman died and I can't tell Bertha that. She didn't tell her sister her oldest son had died in her dream. Truman was my cousin I grew up with and run around with him. Truman died three days later in a car wreck. After that, I know mom, some nights, would sit up all night so she wouldn't dream. Later her sister asked mom if she had dreamed about Truman. Mom said she had. They agreed they should discontinue their breakfasts. Mom said she quit dreaming about death some weeks later. I don't know about her sister. I was involved in conversations with my mom while some of this was going on. I would tell her 'don't you dare dream about me'. I thought the whole thing a little scary.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  14. Yvonne Smith

I think that we have more sensitivity to these things than we know, and only sometimes are we paying attention enough to see what we are being shown.
    Many years ago, I had a little white Poodle that I dearly loved. The last thing before we went to bed, I would let him outside to go to the bathroom before he came in and went to sleep at the foot of the bed.
    One night, as I was going to the door to let him out, I had this strange thing, almost like a voice talking to me in my head, and it was tellling me that if I let my dog out, I would never see him alive again.
    It shook me up; but then I just ignored it; because I let this dog outside every night, and it was ways fine. Well........ I let him out, and he didn't come back.
    I went out with the big flashlight, looked all over and called and called; but he was nowhere to be found. Eventually, I had to give up and go to bed; but early the next morning, I went out to look again.
    I found him dead in the barn, and something had been in there that killed him, or killed him and dragged his body in there, I never knew. I am sure that I was being pre-warned, and I just didn't listen in time.

15. Bill Boggs

Registered

Could be.