Have You Ever Dropped Your Cell Phone / Tablet?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Diane Lane, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

No, I'm very careful but if I did I have my old iPhone 4s to use as a backup. I usually get a new iphone every 2 years when my contract is up at Verizon and I'm eligible for the upgrade. It usually falls around my bday so I use gift money to buy it. Think I've only had my Iphone6 for a year so far.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I've dropped my Kindle Fire a few times but I have a case for it that cost more than half as much as the Kindle itself, so it survived the falls.

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My daughter also has the iPhone 6, and she has one of the larger sized ones. I was looking at it while we were on the trip, and I think that the larger size is better than the smaller one like mine is. Her phone is almost as large as the Kindle, and easier for her to see things on than the smaller ones.
    Which size is yours, @Chrissy Page ?
    Mine is an iPhone 5, and I have had it several years now. Since it has always been in the Lifeproof case, it is still working like new, so I will probably have it for a long time.

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Mine is the smaller one, when I was looking at them and trying to decide which one I wanted I chose the smaller one. The bigger one was a little to big for my hands as a phone and I also like small purses and the bigger one wasnt a good fit. When out and only with an iPhone, I do okay looking at everything on it. I wouldn't fill out a complicated important form on it but I don't have to...I can do that at home on my ipad.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

From dropping it accidentally into the toilet to get it dropped in the middle of the road while walking, this is has happened to me many times with both cell phones and tablets lately.

However the funny thing is that none of them stopped working, while the first tablet I ever had was in my coat's pocket all the time on the first day I took it to the streets and found the display broken when coming back home.

No idea how this could happen, it was not hit, I was not in crowded places so who knows why.