Have Y'all Ever Seen The Joneses?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Diane Lane, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I saw this a while back, and really liked it. It's an interesting commentary on our modern society. I'm not saying this specific type of situation actually exists, but if you look at celebrities, they are given free designer items to use, so the items will be seen and become sought after goods. I see it all the time in movies, and it even takes place on the news. Anchors don't wear their own clothes, they wear clothing from so and so, jewelry by another company, and television shows also use this technique. I just rewatched the movie, and I like it even more than the first time.

By the way, this isn't my YouTube channel. I was looking for a trailer for the movie earlier, and stumbled upon this, when I was away from the keyboard and this came up after the trailer I watched.

2. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

I first heard of The Joneses, glad to hear that it's a good commentary, I might give it a hint later on. :D

3. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

I never heard of the Joneses before, but it does sound like it would be a really interesting watch! I definitely have to add it to my "watch list"! :)

4. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

Someone recommended me this movie a while back, but I have so many things to do that every time that I try to watch this, or some other of those I want to watch, I end up falling asleep.

Too much work lately.

5. Jennifer Graves

Jennifer Graves Veteran Member
    Registered

This is the 1st I've heard of it... which is surprising considering the big names it has attached to it.