Have We Discussed The Ice Age Farmer?

Discussion in 'Crops & Gardens' started by Don Alaska, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I couldn't find a discussion of this topic when I searched, so I assume we have not mentioned it before. I had forgotten this very smart man until my wife mentioned him today and I decided to refresh my knowledge. I am not really familiar with his background, but he is not a panic merchant. He is very thoughtful in his work and approaches current events in a believable way. I would encourage anyone who is interested in climate, farming/gardening, and world events to take a look at this video which is an interview done on a Canadian YouTube channel during the pandemic in 2020.

Ice Age Farmer

Marie Mallery and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Never heard of him. I know very little about ice age or he he a prepper with that name? I do know that all warming is followed by an ice age. according to those who go into the ice to find what period climate warming or ice happened.

Ice Age Farmer, I'll check it out later today.

3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

He is just someone who is disturbed by today's farming practices and sees the climate cooling, not warming, by looking at the solar cycles. He maintains the "Global Warming" thing is just a method to control people, and that those spouting it know better. The interview is from 2020, but I have seen similar thing from solar watchers who say the same thing he says about the Earth's magnetic field and solar cycles.

Krystal Shay and Marie Mallery like this.
  4. Marie Mallery

Registered

I think he may be right far as these mad oligarchs are concerned, so I agree with The Iceman.

5. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I thought he had some interesting thoughts in the beginning. Then he started talking about conspiracies. I skipped the last 10-15 minutes.

I found it interesting about the farmers spraying Roundup on peas, though. I had my doubts about that so I Binged it. Sure, enough, they do. Also on soybeans, canola beans, etc. I find that disturbing. But what can we do about it?

Don Alaska and Marie Mallery like this.
  6. Marie Mallery

Registered

The only way you can have non-GMO food is grow it yourself. And even then you have to make sure your seeds are not GMO. Just do the best you can is all I can say. We sure aren't growing our food now.