Have Had Many Hobbies

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Hal Pollner, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I need one of those. How much does one coast?

2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Now that's one I'd like to try.

3. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

To Shirley and Bill:

That is a SUN E-Z-Tri Classic Recumbent Trike.

It has a 16" front wheel and 20" rear wheels.

They list for $1100-$1200, but I got mine for $1000 and upgraded the tires to a slightly fatter size, giving a slightly softer ride.

I also installed a resettable Trip Computer that records the mileage of individual trips, the current speed in MPH or KPH, the highest speed reached on a trip, and the average speed on a trip. It also has an Odometer that records the total accummulated mileage since you owned the trike, and a digital clock in 12 or 24-hour format.

The seat is adjustable fore-and-aft, and the seat back can be set for different degrees of tilt. The chain-and-sprocket transmission has 21 speeds, with 3 ranges of 7 speeds each, with handlebar shifters. It has rear disc brakes and a caliper front brake.

It's the most comfortable way to pedal yourself there is!
    I hope you get one!

Hal
    014.JPG

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    Shirley Martin and Bill Boggs like this.
  4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

@Hal Pollner , I'm just a poor country girl. I can't afford one, How about if you use some of all that extra money you have lying around and buy one and send it to me. :D

5. Hal Pollner

Registered

I'll do it if you can pay the shipping cost of the trike plus packaging weight over 3000 miles...

The price I paid is an entry-level price for a recumbent. They can run over $3000!

So you see...I'M the cheapie, buying a budget-priced trike!

Hal

6. Hal Pollner

Registered

Yesterday I sold my Weightlifting Bench, and now I have room for that Reed Organ (pump organ) which I've been wanting for decades.

I haven't given up on exercise however, because now I have a Recumbent Trike and a Treadmill, as well as a few dumbbells.

That's all...
    Hal 002.JPG 010.JPG

7. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Good for you keeping up with all your exercise..

Remember to show a picture of your new Reed organ when you get it..

8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

@Hal Pollner That's good news, Hal! Hope you are Happy with your Pump Organ!;)
    [​IMG]

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am sure that you will love the old pump organ once you have it, @Hal Pollner ! My mother had one , years ago, and I remember trying to play it when I was a very young girl. I loved all of the different stops and sounds that it could make.
    Later I had a Thomas organ that was easy to play, and I really loved that, too. I miss having an organ to play, but we had to give mine away when we moved from Idaho.
    Bobby got me a new Q-Chord for my birthday, and those are much more portable and also fun to play.

Bobby Cole and Joe Riley like this.
  10. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

I had a devil of a time even giving away my antique pump organ 9 years ago. It was even a deluxe model with more keys than usual. I called a guy out-of-state who had a pump organ "orphanage" as he called I and he said he had over a hundred in his barn that he couldn't get rid of either. It was a beautiful organ, oak with lots of carving.

Some people even wanted me to deliver it to them (and I was giving it away for free, no less). Yeah, right, me with a small car and an arm in a sling.

Finally, a lady took it off my hands.

I know you'll enjoy playing it, and it's good exercise.

11. Hal Pollner

Registered

Thanks, everyone!

I've had several organs since the 1960's, culminating with the big Conn 650 Theater Organ shown.

This was a full-size instrument, with three 61-note manuals and a 32-note pedalboard. I even had it wired up to a rank of 61 scaled wood pipes attached to a wall! (They were all driven by speakers.)

It provided a wide spread of sound and looked most impressive...(I should have taken a picture.)

I even built a true wind-driven one-rank Pipe Organ once, using a rank of real Organ Pipes, with direct-action magnet valves, with the wind chest pressurized from the exhaust of a Vacuum Cleaner! I later donated it to a church that was looking for a rank of "Flute d' Amour" pipes to top off their stop list.

I used to go to the big Theater Organ concerts at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium...they have a big 5-manual 28-rank organ there! (3000 pipes!)

Hal
    conn562.JPG

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  12. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Traveling Moller Organ at the Pasadena Civic Auditorum

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Hal Pollner

Registered

@Holly, my "new" reed organ will most likely be over 100 years old! They haven't been produced since the 1930's.

Hal

Holly Saunders likes this.
  14. Hal Pollner

Registered

@Yvonne, my first organ was a Magnus Chord Organ too!
    6 major chords, 6 minor chords and a short 3-octave keyboard! But I had fun and graduated to a Lowrey, then a Hammond, then a Gulbransen, then that super Conn in the post.

Hal

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Hal Pollner

Registered

I want to thank Joe Riley for that post on the Moller Organ in the Pasadena Civic Auditorium.

Many readers will assume that the fancy white console is the complete organ. FAR FROM IT!

The 28 ranks and thousands of pipes are located behind the scenes in Pipe Chambers hidden behind Grillwork high up on the walls of the Auditorium! The pipes that produce the powerful, deep rumbling sounds are up to 32 feet long and require special chambers to accomodate their length.

The wind that supplies these pipes is furnshed by powerful blowers way down in the basement of the Auditorium.

I have been priveleged to be invited on an "Organ Crawl", where one scales the ladders and catwalks to tour the many Pipe Chambers in this huge instrument.
    Hal

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    Bobby Cole likes this.