Have Fun Testing Products!

Discussion in 'Self Employment' started by Yvonne Smith, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Not sure where this topic fits, but this seems as good as anyplace else did, even though it is not actually making money per se.
    One of the things that I enjoy is testing new products.
    I belong to a website program called BzzAgent. They have campaigns where they will send you products (free) to try.

This time they are sending me a package of Seattle's Best Coffee. (probably a 12 oz package)
    You just try the product and fill out a little survey about how you liked it.
    The product can be items for the house, personal items such as face lotion, or food items, like the coffee is. The last one that I tried was Purina One Beyond dog food.
    They sent me a 5 lb bag of it, which was about a $10 value.
    My little dogs loved it !

How it works is that you fill out a survey that says what you might be interested in trying. So, they won't just send you dog food unless you actually have a dog, and it will be for the right size of dog.
    When they have a product that fits your profile, then they will email you and ask if you want to test this product.
    You can choose to either try the product or not. You never know when they will have a new product to try, or what it will be; but I have a lot of fun trying out the new products.

Here is a link to the BzzAgent webpage.

http://u.bzz.com/z08tw

Magalina Lilis and Diane Lane like this.
  2. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

OMG Yvonne! I have gotten so much stuff from them in the past. I've been a member for years, but when I went back to work full time 5 years ago, I pretty much forgot about them. Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to re-connect with them right now, and see if my account is still active.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks, Yvonne, signing up. I'm testing a product from another company right now, and enjoying it. Hopefully I can try some interesting products for them, too.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Gee, it would be great if that is being offered here. But I'm sure it's not, huh. I was actually looking for such offers of freebies in the form of sample products. But I cannot find them online. In the malls, there are so many of those sample products and sometimes we go back to the store just to get some more, hahahaaa.

5. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

I think I heard about this website before. I chose not to join because I believe they don't offer compensation. All an individual gets is the product that they are testing. Not that this is reallly a bad thing when you stop to think about it. Its a great opportunity to try out new products. So, I may have to rethink this one.

6. Diane Lane

Registered

I still haven't followed up with Bzz Agent. I hope things slow down soon, so I can do that. I did a survey about a week ago online about frozen dinners, and ended up receiving a coupon in the mail to use to purchase one, then complete a follow up survey. I'll get credit for completing the surveys, plus I got a free dinner, so, although more money would be nice, I'll take what I can get right now. The small check I received actually covered 3 dinners, so I did come out ahead.

7. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you, I just signed up.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Diane Lane

Registered

I really enjoyed testing the product (dinner), it was delicious, and I ended up getting 3 meals with the check they sent. Hope y'all get some fun stuff to try out.

9. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

This should be fun. I took a survey to help get an idea of what I can review. Can't wait until I get my first project.

10. Yvonne Smith

I just got invited to another product testing opportunity. This one is the new Purina grain-free dog food. About a year ago, we tested the Purina Beyond when it first came out, and my dogs loved it ! They were sniffing the box when the dog food arrived before we even got it opened, in fact.
    This time, they are sending me a few small sample packets, plus a coupon for a free full-sized bag of the new product to try.
    I really enjoy trying out these products, and look forward to being invited to a survey. Some of them require more participation than others, depending on what you are testing. With the dog food, I took pictures of the dogs sniffing the box containing the dog food when it arrived, and begging me for a bowlful to eat once we got the package open.
    When I tested the Seattle's Best Coffee, there was no need for any pictures, we just drank the coffee and reported how we liked it.

Each person fills out a profile, and then they have little surveys that you take every so often that updates what you are interested in, so you are only invited to test a product that you would probably be interested in. If you do not have pets, you won't get invitations for testing dog food, as an example.

I really enjoy doing this, and seeing what new products they will give me to try. And they are not little samples, they are a full-sized product. Here is the link to the BzzAgent webpage if you want to try testing products.

http://u.bzz.com/z08tw

11. Yvonne Smith

Well, the mailman brought my BzzAgent test products this morning, for me (actually for the little Doggies) to start testing out ! The box contained two small samples of the chicken and eggs dog food, a coupon worth up to $10.99 for a larger bag of Purina Beyond grain-free dog food of any variety, and 4-5 coupons that are good for $3 off on any size bag of the Beyond. I can either keep these and use them later myself, or give them to my friends, if any of them want to try the Beyond dog food.
    Next step will be once the actual program starts in December, and then I will post pictures and make tweets about the dog food and how well the dogs like it.
    I do enjoy doing this, and it gives me some interesting products to try. Since each person fills out a product survey every month or so, they always send you invitations to products that you are actually interested in using. If it is something you don't want to try, then you just decline the invitation.
    image.jpeg

12. Cheryl Torrie

Cheryl Torrie Veteran Member
    Registered

This sounds like a great opportunity to test new products without the cost. I have tried so many things and found that they weren't worth retail that I usually wait to hear the good, the bad and the ugly about anything before I even try it. I might check it out now that you have assured us that it is worth our while and they are not going to try to get us to pay for something.

13. Linda Binning

Linda Binning Veteran Member
    Registered

I went over there just now and signed up and started taking the surveys to get started and it was just taking too long. I think it would take up too much of my time to do all of this for what I would get out of it. I think it's great for a lot of people but for me it would just be another chore.

14. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh my! I missed this thread and while sounds great to me and I'm about to join, this is December and snail mail always slow down by this season of the year.

However this can give me the opportunity to start 2016 with a new and enjoyable activity. Thanks for the heads up @Yvonne Smith :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  15. Yvonne Smith

@Carlota Clemens , it is still a good time to sign up right now. Because each product is tailored to a person's use, they might not have a product to send you right now even if you sign up. When they do have a product, they invite you to join the trial campaign, and then send the products, or coupons to get it free.
    @Linda Binning , the surveys are pretty much a one -time thing when you first sign up. There are a lot of questions at first, while they are evaluating which products you might be interested in; but once you have done that, it is over with.
    They do have small questionnaires every now and then to update information (maybe you didn't have pets before, now you do, stuff like that) , but those are very short and only take a few minutes.

Carlota Clemens likes this.