Has The Virus Changed Your Lifestyle?

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Hal Pollner, Apr 26, 2020.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This whole thing is beyond stupid.
    I wonder if her agency makes her request that clients are masked around her.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  2. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

None of the other nurses ask in fact they usually ask if they can take theirs off. I this this poor thing has been brain washed

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Likely so. I wouldn't want to be a visiting health care worker these days. My MIL has them daily and several months ago one of her regular "Visiting Angels" was diagnosed with Covid, so MIL was supposed to be quarantined for a couple of weeks. (Of course she never leaves her house except for doctor visits so no biggie.) With flu season starting we are concerned about what else they might bring in.

Faye Fox and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Have an auto motion-activated dispenser of Everclear at the door and make everyone sanitize their hands when they come in and any time after they touch their face or go to the bathroom. A mask only helps to keep them from wiping their nose. I was surprised that finally, our main medical clinic requires hand sanitation before entering the main lobby and has an automated dispenser.

My crusade exposing the main way covid, flu, and viruses are spread, is getting more attention. It isn't about the spit, but about the snot.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Atta boy AL! She needs to go wash her mouth out with soap.

6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Maybe it’s not in the spirit of the thread but one lady’s life was definitely changed by the virus.

From what I understand, a woman in Portland had been on a ventilator and in a coma for 60 days because of CV-19.

Her family had gone out and even purchased a casket and headstone after deciding on a date and time for her to be unplugged but the day before that fateful day….she woke up!

https://www.kake.com/story/45237594...tor-day-before-having-life-support-turned-off

Don Alaska and Faye Fox like this.
  7. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

My lifestyle hasn't changed because of this Chinese assault, but my attitude has undergone some significant changes.

John Brunner and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It’s not just the virus but rather a few things this past year that have made me a lot more cynical and critical than I was.
    I was never a go-along to get-along type of person anyway but now if someone in office or even my physician tells me that the sky is blue I go outside to look for myself.

9. John Brunner

Here is the latest pronouncement from the church I'm no longer attending.

This is in the Weekly Bulletin:
    **************************************************************​
    Covid Update – Due to higher local infection rates, the Delta variant, and with recommendations from the UMC [United Methodist Church] Conference:

Vaccination is the best method of protection and mitigation of the Covid virus.
    It is highly recommended that you be vaccinated.
    Masks offer protection for even those who have been vaccinated.
    If unvaccinated a mask is MANDATED for church participation.
    Flu shots are also recommended.
    **************************************************************​

So much B.S. coming from the church. It depresses me. It has no business being there.

10. John Brunner

[​IMG]
    Boston, Massachusetts
    December 18, 2021​

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. John Brunner

Washington DC has joined the ranks of those cities requiring Vax Certificates to live freely:

Mayor Bowser announced in a tweet that proof of vaccine will now be required at restaurants, bars, nightclubs, indoor entertainment facilities, gyms, and indoor meeting establishments, effective January 15. The news comes amid the rapid spread of omicron, the newest variant of the coronavirus that reportedly has milder symptoms than its predecessors. Bowser's order reads that people 12 and older must have at least one dose of the vaccine, which will be upped to two doses by Feb. 15. Her order comes on the heels of similar policies in New York City, Chicago, and Boston.

12. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

The church is simply trying to protect their Senior members. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Heck, I remember, at a church we were attending in Jacksonville, FL., one of the Senior members complained about how loud the Praise Band was, while she was in Bible Study. A person could either attend Bible Study or the church service that went on at the same time. Anyway, the Bible Study teacher told her, "this church is run by the younger generation, not the Seniors, so, if the music is too loud for you, you'll just have to find a different church to attend."

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

But, just how much will it be enforced? Orders/requirements are one thing, enforcing both is another.

14. John Brunner

No, Orders/requirements are one thing, making sense is another.

Don Alaska likes this.
  15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Far too many churches have become more about advancing the progressive agenda through vaccinations and masking than about anything even remotely resembling Christianity. You can see it on their websites, even. There's more about COVID than God.