Has The Virus Changed Your Lifestyle?

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Hal Pollner, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Trying to breathe and speak properly with a mask has been difficult for me in addition to my glasses steaming up. It's hard to hear someone speaking that is wearing a mask. Hopefuly I will be able to junk this mask within a week.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  2. Lon Tanner

Registered

I will be glad when Saturday is here and I get that second shot out of the way along with everyone else living and working here.

3. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Mine is due in 3 weeks.

4. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

O course, Lon...we are ALL looking forward to scrapping our Masks!

Bill Boggs likes this.
  5. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Its even worse when one is wearing hearing aids. The straps get caught on the tiny metal ear hook that connects the ear mold to the main part (mini chips, volume control, microphones, etc).

So, if I'm not careful, I can take off my mask, and the aids will come flying off and may get lost on the floor mat of my car, or somewhere worse. So far, I've been lucky.

I won't even bother to tell you how much a hearing aid cost.

6. Lon Tanner

Registered

Amen!! I have a hearing aid in my right ear and a Cochlear Implant in the left so I have a similar problem. Cochlear Implants cost quite a bit more than hearing aids. Fortunately the VA paid for mine because of service connected hearing loss.

7. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Add to the hearing aid and the mask that always seems to tight, oxygen tubes that go
    over the ears and you feel you’ve got a load up there. One drops off the whole schebang
    falls, mask one direction, hearing aid the other.

8. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

The VA was going to give us an appointment to get a shot but I declined because I could not get up to the VA hospital for the shot.

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That is great that they have told you that you will no longer have to wear a mask or stay in your room. I wonder why Biden and Kamala and Pelosi, who all were seen publicly getting their vaccines, still have to wear the masks ?

10. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

I will, most likely, keep wearing my triple-layer mask for the rest of my life, when in public. I've worn masks OTJ for many years, so it's no big deal, for me.

If anyone thinks that CV19 is the last pandemic we will deal with in our lives, they are mistaken, unless they're checking out, shortly. With our very mobile world, and with folks from poor countries flocking to wealthier ones in increasing numbers, you can take to the bank the fact that far worse pandemics, with truly deadly diseases, are in our future.

Funny thing, if that can be said about a pandemic, after checking many online sources, the world fatality rate of CV19 is shown to be about 2%. The total panic we've gone through really seems a bit extreme, given that stat. Nonetheless, I'll keep my mask on.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Even though wife and I have our Covid 19 vaccines schedules set up, we will continue to wear our masks until our governor and/or county tell us we don't have to.

Now, once we both have both of the vaccine shots, we will give it some serious thought about going into a restaurant to eat, but definitely not until then.

Trevalius Guyus likes this.
  12. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Wife gets her first one next Tuesday and I get mine the following Saturday. Had an appointment for one with local VA Clinic, but that was scheduled for the 25th of next month (March). Got lucky and got one, a month and a half earlier, using my Medicare.

As for both of us, we want it. Adverse reactions can come with a new medicine as well as with any vaccine.

14. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Is the needle as long the ones they keep showing on TV? Looks like 5 inches. ;)

15. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

It was always up to you we only wish that you had all the information first. God bless you and good luck