Has Coronavirus Had A Major Financial Impact On Your Life?

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Lon Tanner, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Here is something interesting, and I can see where it could definitely be a financial impact for some people. It appears that , due to the non-touching guidelines, some stores ar not accepting cash as payments at this time.
    This one appears to be a Whole Foods market , and I don’t know if ours here in Huntsville is doing this or if it just is a state by state decision.
    Our Walmart still takes cash, and so does any of the other stores where we shop at.

86E9D7D7-D3E1-4B6B-A5E8-3C53D6A8F686.jpeg

Martin Alonzo and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

If you do not see a financial bump at the present time, there might be in the near future.

There is a race between Pharm companies to come up with a vaccine for the CV-19 and that may sound like a real winner and certainly a very humanitarian thing to do, the companies aren’t working in harmony with each other.
    If a major pharmacy company doesn’t come up with the vaccine and an independent does, there’s going to be a bidding war to see who can rush the formula to the patent office and if a company like Milan NV does, well, we’ve seen what they did with the Epi Pen.
    A vaccine for Covid-19 is going to be a trillion dollar or more find for the developer and in order to get that gold to the bank they could charge heavily for it the same as that $800 shot for the prevention of shingles.

Now, if one thinks that the governments might pick up the slack or regulate the prices well, think again. As it is, hospitals are charging and getting upward of $3000 per day when a patient has to be put on a respirator (which is another reason why everyone in hospital has Covid-19 instead of the flu) so just think how much a hospital or private doctor is going to charge to help keep someone from getting the virus. If they can get 3K a day for putting someone on a respirator, they’ll be charging someone some huge fees for a vaccine to compensate for the unused respirator.

It is in no way going to be about humanitarianism, it is going to be a business and a huge one at that because of all the phony play that it has gotten so far. The insurance companies are not yet prepared for the upheaval that will occur when a vaccine is found but when they start getting the bills from doctors and hospitals, watch out for the insurance hikes that are certain to occur and may God bless the person who isn’t insured.

3. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Where do you find these sites Yvonne? I followed your link.Every article posted by"staff", once again, no references,no citations, no sources. The stories posted there are too ridiculous to even be considered satire. I can promise you that the American Flag flies proudly over every New York State facility and building. Hell two of them are prominent in the background of the illustration accompanying the article.
    I am trying to phrase this very carefully and I don't want to insult you, but why? Do you so desperately want to validate your beliefs that you believe things like this? Advancing some kind of agenda? Or just simple entertainment? I just don't know why facilitating lies helps any one.

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

So far our finances have not changed in the least, except for my husband turning 65 in March and getting his first Social Security check in April. Our investments are down but we aren't planning to make any withdrawals, and dividend levels haven't changed (yet).

5. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

As Seniors I would hope we have all reached the point of feeling comfortable about our finances and that they have not become a major concern. I worry about my not sleeping well and the discomfort in my feet and legs when walking with my walker, but I don't worry about my finances.

If you don't worry about Finances what worries do you have?

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Lon, you done a similar thread on April 8th of this year. In the "Search" area, write Finances and you will find yours.

Trevalius Guyus likes this.
  7. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

You broke your toe as I recall. How is it?

8. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

"Do You Worry Or Have Any Concerns About Your Finances?"

Constantly, and plenty of them. Since day one of my kidney dialysis we understood the cost to be entirely government-supported. Now we are being dunned for out of pocket costs accrued for each treatment session, an amount equaling our home mortgage payment, 1/4 of our total income.

Numerous so-called case-workers have claimed they will resolve this; none has done a thing. We are considering bankruptcy........

Frank

9. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

i don't worry about money so much...
    i do worry about outliving my husband.....
    i pray not to

10. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Frank Sanoica
    Can you discuss with atty before filing for bankruptcy?
    They can't deny you treatment weather you pay or not. Least its that way in most places.
    I feel for you and the wife..hang in there !

Frank Sanoica and John Brunner like this.
  11. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes I am not concerned about finances latley.

12. Lon Tanner

Registered

My toe is completely healed Ed Thanks for asking.

13. Lon Tanner

Registered

BUMMER-------Hope there is an alternative to bankruptcy Frank. Are you covered under Part A and PartB Medicare? How old are you?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Sorry to read that Frank. I do pray that there is a much better resolution to the problem. I can’t remember right off the top of my head but didn’t you have a little military time?

15. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My finances have been a roller coaster most of my adult life. Lots of ups & downs, some job loss, some catastrophes.

Lots of things fell imperfectly into place for me at just the right time. I worked hard and took some risks, but I also got lucky.

I see some who have not been so fortunate (especially in this rural community with limited opportunities.) Without going into detail, I try to help others as best I can. I have a duty to. My cup runneth over in the context of my low-key life.

I will say that coming from the can-never be-satiated Washington DC area, I found the "barely scraping by set" here in the country not only to be happier and more satisfied with what they've got, they are people I enjoy spending time with...they have nothing to defend. Sure, a lack of sufficient money can bring stress. I've been there. But I've also seen how too much of it can be the greater curse.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.