Harvey Weinstein And The Hypocrits

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Chrissy Cross, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Sounds like a name of a group but it's not funny at all. I'm sure everyone has heard the story so I don't have a link.

It's not even the story that offends or bothers me....that kind of thing happens in Hollywood a lot...it's the hypocrisy of the liberals.

SNL ignored the story while they bash conservatives every week. A big deal was made about Trumps comments on Access Hollywood but most are quiet on this.

After 4 days liberal Meryl Streep finally came out against him but only because she was shamed into doing so.

So many still havent said anything.

And designer Donna Karan said it was the women's fault for dressing the way they did so she was protecting that POS pig Weinstein.

I used to like her clothes ....not so much anymore.

Just thought I'd post this because I didn't see it mentioned and if it's on here...I missed it.

Ted Richards and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

It seems more are coming out against him now....issuing broad statements. Just Heard Hillary make a very general statement.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yes, it's the definition of hypocrisy. As soon as a scandal comes up, Republicans turn on their own. That can be frustrating, but it's preferable to the hypocrisy of the left.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

The news media has been sitting on this story for many years and because it is one of their own
    it never got into print. When the NYT finally printed it, it took 4 days for any other news media to follow up I guess they had to ask permeation to run the story. He was a supported of Obama and visited the white house many times he donated to Obama and Hillary.​

5. Ken Anderson

It was an NBC reporter who developed the story. However, NBC refused to run it so he shopped it to the New Yorker Magazine, who broke it.

6. Ken Anderson

Harvey Weinstein to Bill Clinton: "I always learn amazing things from you."

Harry Havens likes this.
  7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

What did he learn...how to get a blow job in the oval office closet? Oh I know...how to say...I never had sex with that woman.
    :D:D:D:D:D

8. Martin Alonzo

Registered

The Unpersoning of Harvey Weinstein

9. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

He is so fat and ugly that that was the only way he could get a woman to be intimate with him. At least Slick Willy could get women without forcing them.

10. Martin Alonzo

Registered

The NYT had the story in 2004 and Mat Damon, Ben Aflex contacted the NYT to have the story killed

11. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

Something that strikes me about this story is that people suffer at the hands of powerful people every day in all kinds of (mostly) work situations. This story of coarse has been all over the news. There are some coming out saying they "heard rumors" for years. Of coarse you can't report or prosecute someone on rumors. I don't blame the victims. The victim is often alone with little or no knowledge that this is being perpetrated on others. They may suspect of coarse but they don't have the power to do anything. One lonely report from them and they are done. What proof do they have?

I know I have been in situations like this through work that were not sexual abuse but people didn't do their job and they were protected by those higher or they just got by with it. And no one listens or cares.

Abuse of power and money and it happens on lower levels also.

I guess a lot of people are wishing they never knew this guy. I saw a clip on the news of Michele Obama calling this guy a "friend" I can only imagine the damage control some want to do.

12. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Friend definition in politics: One who has loads on money to donate to you.

13. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I didn't know who he was when I first read of his energy. What's the differences, your difference, anyone, in liberals and conservatives? I like Meryl Streep. Did you see "Out of Africa?"

14. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

This is blowing up all over. It just showed up on my news feed that Rose McGowan states she was raped by this scum in the late 90's. I like her. She is not a big name actress however and would be powerless and ruined if she had tried to come out with this alone. It says she accepted a payment. She probably didn't know what else to do.

This isn't going away anytime soon. I hope there will be some justice with this many women coming forward.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  15. Martin Alonzo

Registered

That leftest Hollywood scum like Roman Polanski who ran off to France sooner than go to jail for raping a minor and then the Hollywood bunch gave him an award. Now this creep has flown to Europe for treatment as he says, but that is just to escape justice

Frank Sanoica likes this.