Hard To Say I'm Sorry

Discussion in 'Music' started by Frank Sanoica, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

One of my all time favorite groups, Chicago. Predicted early by the "experts" to never become popular, due to their "tinny" and "brassy" sound. Early on, they DID sound out of place, but continued on ahead. Today, this piece lingered in my mind for hours, as I recalled only "to say I'm sorry"..........but eventually, I realized who did it. From there, it was easy! #1 on the Billboard Top 40, 1982:

Nancy Hart likes this.
  2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Great song. I always liked the last line, and the build up to it: . "You're gonna be the lucky one."

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Nancy Hart
    By 1982, my hearing had already deteriorated to the point that listening to the radio (as I always had), produced a memory of only those parts of a song which seemed to make sense: for example, I swore Johnny Rivers said, "I'm the one, I'm the one, the one they call "setting sun". (Seventh Son, the true meaning of which was then still lost on me. Frank

4. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

@Frank Sanoica, I know my hearing is getting worse because I had it tested recently. Too many crickets chirping in there drowns out higher frequencies.

It bothers me when I don't know every word of a song exactly, but even with hearing not that great, I don't think I've ever found more than one or two songs that were 100% correct on those "lyrics websites." People do better on their videos, but even some of them get it wrong. [I know it sounds like I'm fooling myself, but the mistakes are really obvious most times. lol ]

Apparently anybody can submit anything, without anyone, including the submitter, bothering to double-check.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

When you get the lyrics wrong, its hard to say"I'm sorry"!
    [​IMG]

Nancy Hart and Frank Sanoica like this.
  6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Andrew Peterson - I Want To Say I'm Sorry (Official Lyric Video)