Happy Independence Day - 4th Of July

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Ken Anderson, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Have fun with the barbecuing, the fireworks, parades, and whatever else there might be. I'd trade it all in for a little more independence, though.

2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson
    Just isn't like it used to be, friends, neighbors, picnics, our biggest one, Czechoslovak Garden Club always on the 4th., gathered in Brezina's Grove, a Cook County Forest Preserve area. Many barrels of draft beer were consumed, and this kid wondered at the folks he knew there, neighbors mostly, making asses of themselves!

Now I know. Have almost no friends few relatives, most already dead, sure sign I'm older than i feel or think!
    Frank

Shirley Martin likes this.
  3. Maryt Hope

Maryt Hope Veteran Member
    Registered

4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

upload_2018-7-4_9-59-48.png to all Americans here ! :)

5. Beatrice Taylor

Beatrice Taylor Veteran Member
    Registered

Have a great 4th of July!!!

We're still trying to work out a few of the details but we'll get there!

[​IMG]

6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

To all of my American friends here.... of which there are many...

1d2558e72abb89cb2cf8f3591202fb43.jpg

7. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I have a high regard for Independence Day for the meaning but not so much for all the folks who somehow believe that they really have to go out and buy a trunk load of fireworks.
    It seems that the 3rd was ripe for such things as lighting up the sky and blasting firecrackers in our neighborhood which in itself is quirky at best because there isn’t a week that goes by when someone doesn’t shoot at someone with their firearm.
    The “celebrating” didn’t end until around 2:15 A.M. and I’m not too sure that many of the sounds weren’t actually guns being fired in the air. The quandary here is that no one knows where the bullets will land but they shoot anyway.

One bit of justice though is that the outstanding culprit of all the celebrating last night was from a tenant of mine who is a month late on his rent. The types of fireworks he used aren’t cheap so I’m really sure his rent money went up in smoke and beer.
    Today, I get to celebrate by handing him his eviction notice and maybe tonight I’ll get some sleep.

All that said, it will indeed be a good day! I’ll turn on the pool skimmers for Yvonne while I go to work for a few hours on a renovation. Yup, a good day indeed!

HAPPY FORTH YA’LL!! :)

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

It was quiet by me last night...will see how tonight is.

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Someone set off some firecrackers this morning around 3AM. I think it was our Maintenance Supervisor...…..he loves NYE and the 4th, just so he can shoot of fireworks.

Much more going on in northern Colorado and in Cheyenne, WY, than anywhere here. When I told my wife about the 4th of July Boat Parade going on at one of the lakes, she said to me, "What the heck are we doing living here?". Have to totally agree and looking very forward to getting back to a lifestyle we really liked.

11. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Have a nice evening at your local Firewoks Display!

Hal & Judy

12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I enjoy 4th of July celebrations if I'm with kids or grandsons...through the years that's included parades, barbecues, fireworks etc but home alone in Fresno...meh.

Pickles usually isn't bothered by loud noises but some years he's better about it and some years he's worse...so, I'll have to be keeping an eye on him tonight.

Since the 4th is on Wednesday this year I was worried about fireworks going off every night but so far so good.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

We have a party to go to this afternoon--granddaughter's birthday (really on Saturday) being celebrated today as her dad has to work on Saturday. Fireworks are legal in the area but not a big deal for the Fourth as you cannot see them with the long days. Our big fireworks time is New Year's when it is DARK for most of the day. Fireworks that are not controlled on site, i.e., skyrockets, bottle rockets, etc., are also banned this year due to extreme wildfire danger. Firecrackers and such are still legal. Hot again today (for here) with temps in the low 80s predicted. Happy Fourth everyone here in the U.S. and anyone else who wishes to celebrate with us!

14. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Happy-4th-of-July.jpg

To all you Americans here have a great day!!

15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

In deference to the British amongst us.

happytreason.jpg