Happy 4th

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Faye Fox, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

How will you celebrate the 4th now that we are no longer a free country, but one where freedoms and rights have been replaced by grants for submission?

I will no longer celebrate the 4th because it is about victory over tyranny and now that tyranny has reared its ugly head again, I have nothing to celebrate. Fireworks are a symbol of cannons blasting and rockets red glare, etc. I see our country overthrown without a fight other than words that were silenced. Where were the patriots blasting guns and rockets' red glare to stop the fascist overthrow of our cities? The police even stepped back and took a beating and some killed.

I cannot celebrate this day ever again because freedom no longer exists. How can a country divided celebrate singular freedom once won by bloodshed as one nation?

"Don't tread on me" is now changed to "look at the treads on me!"

How can a day of freedom of a nation be celebrated wearing masks or checking for vaccination cards? How can it be celebrated distanced apart and living in fear of getting sick or dying?

The 4th of July as Independence Day no longer exists. Sure fireworks will be sold and heard and many beautiful displays, but why? What are we celebrating?

I will do what I do every day and go to bed early. I no doubt will be awakened by barking terrified dogs and blasting fireworks. I may celebrate it as a day of mourning for the loss of freedoms we once had.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
    Sunny Bonet likes this.
  2. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

Gonna fly Old Glory! Yesterday I installed a new mounting bracket for a flag pole on the front of the house and bought a new small flag pole. Dug out my flag, which is over 20 years old and was first flown over out nation's capitol.

Instead of buying fire works I made a contribution to a local no-kill animal shelter. Make a difference not noise!

God Bless the USA.

Beth Gallagher and Faye Fox like this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Boy, Faye, do you really dislike American ways that much now???

We will fly our American Flag, but that's about it. Would love to see a fireworks display, but way to many wild young folks here. They dislike how slow we (Seniors) are and we dislike how fast-paced they are.

4. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

No, I love real American ways, but I refuse to be part of celebrating freedoms that have been overthrown, no longer exist, and become phony. If someone wants to get together a group of patriots and protest the loss of our freedoms and do something to get it back on the 4th, count me in as my health allows. But roasting hot dogs, drinking beer, flag-waving, and shooting off fireworks just to make noise and put on a display, is just saying you are OK with the loss of liberty and the thwarting of democracy. How can we celebrate Independence Day when we are totally dependant on a corrupt government that took over by carefully planned fraud, a coup, and it cost thousands their lives, mostly older, from the China lab formulated virus that was brought into the USA INTENTIONALLY! This has been proven so many times over it isn't worth discussing because even most doctors don't understand viral sequencing and why this virus was manmade as warfare the same as SARS 1 that failed to achieve its goal.

What does that flag mean to you? Are you willing to risk your life for what it represents? Do you realize that shooting off fireworks was once a symbol of war, the taking of lives to overthrow oppressive governments? I used to go to muzzleloader shoots, trail rides, and ranch cookouts on the 4th. Hundreds of rounds of ammo fired honoring independence on the 4th. That is more American than your granny's apple pie.

I am rather incensed that you cannot read with understanding, Cody and you make an ignorant statement that I dislike American ways. It is sad you don't understand what Independence Day, the 4th of July once represented and how that has been lost. Again true freedom doesn't exist in the USA anymore, it has been replaced with grants for compliance. You feel free because you comply with whatever the media and your leaders tell you to do.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
    Al Amoling likes this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

How will this American Combat Vet celebrate the Declaration of our Independence DTD July 4th, 1776?

Any derned way I want to.

6. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Now that is the independent spirit that this country needs.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The Declaration of Independence was adopted on July 4th, 1776, so Independence Day celebrates when the colonies broke all ties with the rule of Great Britain.

We hold dear what Jefferson said: “...all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness….” And of course I agree that we haven't lived up to that.

I think many of Faye’s opinions are true, but I can’t agree that celebration on the 4th no longer exists. Sure, we have many “skeletons” in our closet that need to be corrected (it would take too much space to list).

Sadly, countless Americans these days are choosing to redefine the meaning of morality in order to justify their self-indulgent, hedonistic behaviors and lifestyles.

According to a Gallup poll conducted in May 2018, 49 percent of Americans say moral values in the U.S. is "poor.", 37 percent say moral values are "only fair" and 14 percent say they are "excellent" or "good."

It seem to me that we’re embracing secular humanism more and more, so that we are swinging our doors wide open and welcoming corruption, hatred and violence into our country with open arms.

In Edward Gibbon’s final volume of "The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire," three of the five major causes he identifies behind the fall of Rome that today’s America currently identifies with are: 1. the breakdown of the family, 2. an insatiable craving for pleasure and 3. the decay of religion.

Sunny Bonet and Faye Fox like this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, I don't know about Bobby, because he was in the Service like I was, but I honor our Independence! Faye, compared to other countries in the world, you are very wrong about our "Freedoms".

Actually, Faye, remember, both Bobby and I served during Vietnam. I wasn't in actual combat, like he was. I was onboard a Navy ship on a "gunline". Anyway, Vietnam was never declared a "War" by Congress, but to many it was a war. We were asked to help a country and we did, but, unfortunately, that country couldn't help itself (South Vietnam) and, unfortunately again, we had to pull out.

Or, like some would tell you, "you don't like the way our government is, move to a different country and see how you like a really, really corrupt government".

As far as Bobby's, "any derned way I want to" is called.............FREEDOM!!

9. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I kinda sorta get the direction @Faye Fox is going.
    There’s a huge difference between what the Declaration of Independence says and stands for and the the type of polymorphism that this country is presently experiencing. One can love this country without loving her government.
    In truth, I cannot celebrate what we have become but I can celebrate what we are meant to be starting at that famous date in 1776.

I’m free yes but not because the government says I am but because that Declaration followed by the Bill of Rights and our Constitution of the United States says so. I’m free because a whole lot of people fought not only to protect the statement made in the Declaration but shed blood to put an exclamation point at the end of that Declaration.

If the truth be told, our present government does NOT want us to be a free people but rather an indentured servant of the government which I cannot personally abide by.
    As I wrote in another thread, We have the freedom to choose our authorities, I have the freedom to choose whom I wish to submit to and our present government doesn’t fit the standards by which I will give that authority to.

Within legal limits, I will indeed do what I want, when I want because my freedom is guaranteed by the Constitution and by virtue of the men and women whose blood was spilled verifying that what is written in the Declaration of Independence is worth dying for.

I too love this country for it is indeed the most wonderful country in the world and each year I do celebrate what our ancestors before us did but I do not celebrate what our present government is attempting to do which is the antithesis of what the Declaration of Independence stands for.

Sunny Bonet and Faye Fox like this.
  10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I do understand, but have a "but" about it. Oh well, there are a lot of "buts" in todays world.

11. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

In it’s very essence, as it stands, I owe this present government nothing but belligerence.
    I owe this country and the people who fought for our Independence everything.

12. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

So if I don't like and accept what has happened to the USA, I can leave or submit and shut up is what I hear you saying. Well, I never said it was the worse country in the world just that freedoms once fought for back in 1776 have been taken and a majority of people will carry on and celebrate as if nothing has happened. I can't celebrate freedom from tyranny when I see our country now controlled by tyrants and attitudes like yours to just go along with the flow and submit. Where is the rebellion, the American patriotic spirit that once opposed oppression? If we carry on as nothing happened then we will become as bad as any of the countries with "really really" corrupt governments that you speak of.

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I also understand, that, like Memorial Day and Veteran's Day, not everyone celebrates these holidays the way they are meant to be celebrated. Families will celebrate Memorial Day as "great, a day off of work, paid" with picnics, boating, camping and on and on. That is fine, but that day is to celebrate our "fallen hero's" of the military as well. Many don't know any "fallen hero's" and, unfortunately, take Memorial Day as remembering war.........of which many dislike due to killing. Veteran's Day is the same way. There are those that don't know any Vets, and, because Veteran's Day reminds them of fighting/battle/war, they don't like it nor celebrate it.

4th of July could be the same way, when it comes to celebrating. Fireworks can remind some of bombs of battle/war going off killing people. There are those that won't really listen to the National Anthem when it states about bombs going off and showing that the American Flag was still flying. All they can think about is, again, killing.

14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Sorry, Faye, I just don't see the 4th the way you do, and, I'm sure there are many in the U.S. that don't either.

As far as my attitude goes, remember lady, I'm a Navy Veteran from the Vietnam Era. I surely can't be that bad! I fly the American Flag, even though many people in America don't and that, in itself, says "I love America", of which I do.

Whatever problems you have with our government, I just don't see them. But, then again, what do you want people like you to do about our government? Can YOU really do anything about our government, except put it down?

15. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I see problems with our government . I do not feel that they truly are my employees. I however am not willing to accept everything out of government's mouth as if they came from above In other words I am not a sheep