Happiness Is A Beautiful Spring Day!

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Babs Hunt, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

It's such a beautiful Spring day here at our cozy Acadiana cottage! :) Yesterday in the Gardening section I said I didn't think I would be growing anything but "grandbabies" this year...but I stopped at the Nursery by our home after picking up some groceries...and they had the perfect multi-color Lantana to plant underneath the fir tree in our yard...so I bought some. And as I was walking around taking pictures I got a really nice surprise...our bell pepper plant from last Spring decided it wants to keep on growing bell peppers this Spring! Now all I need to make my day perfect is my husband home from work, and a puppy romping around us! :) What is making you happy today?

IMG_2579.JPG

F IMG_2585.JPG IMG_2586.JPG IMG_2581.JPG

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

That's so wonderful. I love bell peppers too and locally they are so expensive. When bell peppers are on sale they range from 1.49 to 1.99, so it was smart of you to grow your own! What a lovely yard and sounds like a perfect spring day to enjoy at home and the nice surprise of the bell peppers growing just was the frosting on the cake of a wonderful spring day...enjoy!

Bonnie Thomas and Babs Hunt like this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you Krissttina. :) We just grew one bell pepper plant last Spring in a pot and it supplied us with all the bell peppers we needed through the summer, etc. and I put chopped up bell pepper in freezer bags for the winter...all from that one plant. And now that one plant is still producing...that's a very fertile bell pepper plant! ;)

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:pSounds scrumptious! Happy Spring time!

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Happy Spring time to you too. :)

6. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

That's a very pretty and "feel good" picture, @Babs Hunt ... perfect place for your new plants, and your grass looks so healthy! (That's on my mind today... I just bought grass seed an hour ago!) :D

What's making me happy today? Uh... wait, I'm thinking, I'm thinking. It's only 9 a.m.! Okay, looking at my snoozing kitty, and hearing that my daughter is going to provide me with a bagel... did I want strawberry or chocolate chip? Oooh, how does one choose?! That's what's making me happy.

Hope your Saturday goes as well as your Friday did!

Bonnie Thomas and Babs Hunt like this.