Hannaford Ice Cream -- Gmo

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Ken Anderson, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The Hannaford brand ice cream has all been labeled, PRODUCED BY GENETIC ENGINEERING. A couple of years ago Maine's house and senate passed a GMO labeling law but, as far as I know, it was prevented from being put into effect by the federal government. I don't know how widely distributed Hannaford supermarkets are, but they are the most common grocery chain in Maine.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I've never heard of them anywhere that I've lived in the states.

3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Produced by genetic engineering. Hmm, doesn't it sound scary for the consumer? If that Hanford ice cream has that note on the label, how can it sell that ice cream? But on second thought, all the supplements here that say it can prevent cancer or it can cure a list of diseases have a disclaimer in the label - no approved therapeutic claims. But they are still getting sales from easy-to-dupe consumers simply because of the effectiveness of the supplement's advertisement. Is there a cure to diabetes? But some herbal supplements have that claim. And people blindly buy.

Sheldon Scott and Frank Sanoica like this.
  4. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

5. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Corie Henson

Proven fact, undisputed: Dying cures Diabetes.
    Frank

Corie Henson likes this.
  6. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I think I have heard of them, but I used to visit New Hampshire alot. I am not surprised though. I think companies that use GMO's basically think they can get away with it, so they do so. I guess you won't be buying that brand Ken Anderson. I am sure you won't!

Sheldon Scott and Frank Sanoica like this.
  7. Frank Sanoica

Registered

Believe it or not, GMOs are found today in 70 to 80% of the foods found in our stores. And the article telling of it I threw out yesterday, it's gone, thinking, Nah, we won't be on that topic again!

Kinda doubt those figures....(hope, hope). Whom knows? The article was somewhat propagandized in favor of, but did tell of widespread suspicion held of the long-term danger possibly existing. Frank

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  8. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't want to believe this but many have already told me about the GMO chicken. Most of my former colleagues (who are relatively much older than me) are always complaining about the chickens in the market. The texture of the chicken's meat is so tender but full of fats. And the egg shells are very soft and easy to break. According to one worker in a poultry farm, as intimated to one of my former colleagues, those chickens are fed with vitamins that boosts the growth so in only 45 days the chicken is already harvested for butchering.

Well, I have to agree with their observation about the growth booster in chickens. But I'm not really sure if they understand what GMO really means and the side effects, if any.

Sheldon Scott likes this.