Halogen Cooking

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Halogen cooking seems healthier and quick. I've never heard of it until you mentioned it.

2. Marilyn Pahl

Marilyn Pahl Veteran Member
    Registered

I have a Hamilton Beach convection oven and no big stove. It sets on it own counter, and a hotplate, collapsible/propane grill for the beach and home. Don't like heating up the whole trailer, but have one big fridge. When the kids come down we eat out or grill a lot. Just love fish fried and make my Tempura Batter, dip strips in it. Make my cole slaw, with honey mayonnaise, little salt & pepper. Deep fry only with Peanut Oil it has the best flash point and never olive oil it alters the taste.:)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

The Pic was taken in New Zealand 20010 where I bought my first oven. The next two were just like it and bought in the U.S .via Amazon.com. Sure works great on the patio and much better than the fuss of Bar B Q.

Attached Files:

4. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I have a friend who swears by his convection oven. He sold his regular range and when he cooks he either uses a convection oven or a microwave. He just was not getting any use out of the range, so he decided he didn't need it. I love my oven, but if it is something small, I will use the toaster oven which of course is more effcient. I think efficiency is the key.

Frank Sanoica likes this.