Halloween Movies

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Diane Lane, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I usually watch a bunch of horror type flicks around Halloween. I'm way behind, but I watched Children of the Corn last night. I watched Lights Out last week, as well as Bus Driver. I have one I want to watch on Amazon (1408 is the name of it, John Cusack and some other stars are in it), but I'm waiting to see if a friend wants to watch it with me on Halloween. Otherwise, I might watch it tonight. I also watched The Sixth Sense the other night, as well as The Forsaken.

Children of the Corn (the original) and The Forsaken are two of my favorites. I will always keep those and re-watch them over and over. 1408 looks really spooky. I watched the trailer on Amazon last night, and I can't believe I haven't seen the movie already. I think it's from 2007 or 2008. I am also considering watching Child's Play, the first Chucky movie, and I haven't watched The Omen in a while, so that might be another I'll watch this week.

Chrissy Cross and Patsy Faye like this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Diane Lane :eek: I'm shock-ed
    Didn't realise you were a horror fan - ooo no, would give me the jeebies :p

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Out of all of the ones you've mentioned I think I've only watched "Children of the Corn".

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Diane Lane

Registered

Ha, I've always loved horror books and movies. I cut my teeth on Stephen King's Salem's Lot when I was young, and fell in love. Thankfully, I got over my obsession with him, but it's still one of my favorite genres. I also enjoy action flicks :eek:.

Patsy Faye and Chrissy Cross like this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I used to like Stephen King and probably saw all the movies made from his books. I just can't get into him anymore....don't know if Ive changed or he has. :)

Diane Lane and Patsy Faye like this.
  6. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

'giggle' :p @Chrissy

@Diane - these days I just want to be comforted, being on the edge of me seat just isn't comfortable anymore :p

Diane Lane and Chrissy Cross like this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

No, not a.kitchen accident..looks like it though, perfect for Halloween!

It's a pic of how not to cook a beet.

I peeled it and quartered it and then put it on the paper plate to microwave. After a minute I looked and my microwave was splattered with red and the beet is still as hard as a rock

I'm boiling it now, also cleaning the microwave .

image.jpeg

Diane Lane and Von Jones like this.
  8. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I haven't watched any horror movies at all this month. I walk pass the television and say 'Oh, that's Alien or isn't that Chucky?'

Diane Lane and Chrissy Cross like this.
  9. Diane Lane

Registered

@Chrissy Cross I've never cooked one from scratch. How long did you need to boil it? I would definitely boil beets in a pan, rather than the microwave. I never seem to be able to get the microwave clean enough to suit me, even though I always cover the food when it's cooking. That did look like a bloody mess :p.

I watched 1408 last night, and it was really good. Lots of twists and turns. In my opinion, it petered out at the very end, but it was definitely still worth a watch, if anyone's a fan of the genre. I watched in SD, so it was only $2.99 via Amazon streaming.

Von Jones and Chrissy Cross like this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

A looong time. Too long and it was a small beet and was quartered.

I usually roast them wrapped in foil in the oven but wasn't going to do that for one small beet.

I also place them on a foil lined pan because they do bleed.

But with boiling I had a lot of beet juice so I didn't want to waste that and wasn't going to make borscht so I threw some lentils along with some other veggies and made soup...it was good.

11. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

@Diane Lane. I've watched 1408 and have the DVD in my library. I am a fan of Samuel Jackson. He's great as Zues in Die Hard with Bruce Willis.

Diane Lane likes this.
  12. Diane Lane

Registered

Ahh, I'll be watching the Die Hard collection soon. I have all but the most recent, so I'll watch my DVD copies, then stream the latest when I get to that point. I love that series, but haven't seen it in quite a while. I know I'll be keeping those, so I'm pushing that activity back while I sort through the rest and decide which I want to sell. I don't know anyone else who's seen 1408, but you must have liked it if you own it.

Von Jones likes this.