Halloween 2015

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Krissttina Isobe, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Have y'all heard of Trunk or Treat? Instead of handing out candy at the door, people park their vehicles at a designated spot and give out (or place) the candy from the trunk. Some really go all out and decorate up their trunks. Some of the folks here in my neighborhood are talking about doing that next year. I sometimes hang at the neighbor's house, and we hand out candy while we sit and drink spiced rum at the fire pot, and some extras might join us this year.

Joe Riley and Lara Moss like this.
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

There is a church, where the members park in the church parking lot, in a semi-circle with the trunks open.

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I have a neat Superman hoodie, that I liked, but have worn sparingly out of the house.:rolleyes: I recently found a Superman Ski mask, with a mesh screen to see out of.....now all I need is a .....telephone booth!;) THAT might be a problem!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

5. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Oooooo, that's devious Ike, I would be afraid of retaliation Who would you give them too? If you give them to kids, you have the parents to deal with.

Diane Lane and Ike Willis like this.
  6. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Ahh, Gloria Estafan warned me about them Bad Boys….you're so bad :D

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    Ike Willis likes this.
  7. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

Crissy what kind of dips ar you are severing, or would it help if I brought the dips? any suggestons. I like bacon ranch and avocado.

8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Ike, I liked your idea of doctoring the onions! :D
    [​IMG] images (17).jpg

Diane Lane and Ike Willis like this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Ive seen the bacon ranch, Ina but havent tried so that would be good! I'll also bring apple slices and caramel dip for that....

I will look through all my pins on Pinterest to see what I have pinned for Halloween.

Will post here tomorrow!

10. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Is everybody going to be posting a pic of their halloween costume (virtual or not) on Friday & Saturday over in the Coffee Shop for the Halloween Party? And/Or their pet? Take a selfie of you and your pet or find one on the internet to post.
    You could win the contest and be a celebrity in the Seniors Only Club! C'mom, it'll be fun! Let me know if you need any help with a costume.

Don't miss your invitation in Post #42. And keep watching the announcement column on the main page to find out when and how you can vote for your favorite anonymously!

P.S……..this is not my costume :)

vintage-halloween-woman-pumpkin1.jpg

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  11. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Let me share our tradition during Halloween. But take note that we have no Halloween but on that night, what we observe is the eve of All Saints Day. Instead of trick-or-treating, some guys would be serenading the houses with their not so scary songs directed towards the lost souls (those who had died). And when the house owner would not give them anything, they would steal some chickens. This tradition is only done in the province since there are no loose chickens in the city.

And on the next day which is All Saints Day, Catholics would troop to the cemetery to pay homage to their dead relatives. Lighted candles are placed by the tomb and prayers go with it. However, the occasion is turned into a festive atmosphere and most of those in the cemetery bring food and play loud music. On November 1, that's the scene in the cemeteries.

Ina I. Wonder and Ike Willis like this.
  12. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

BOO-SKIDOO HALLOWEEN BLAST UPDATE! (We will rename our place for the party)
    [​IMG]
    Here's the latest details on our Halloween Party:

Where: Over at the Hi-Goodbye Coffee shop, in the Happy Talk Section.
    When & Times: Friday and Saturday, beginning 8AM Friday, and running all Day, and wind up Saturday evening, when the cows come home!

Everyone in Seniors Only Club is invited to stop by and visit, when their time zone tells them to! All those who "come in costume" (Either posted picture or avatar, in costume) will be entered into the Costume Contest.
    The three Categories will be: Best Male Costume, Best Female Costume and Best Pet Costume. (A picture of you with your pet will qualify both) Be sure to mention your Pet's name.

All pictures can be from your camera or from online. If you are unable to post pictures or change avatars, give a vivid description of who you are "dressed" as. If you use a costume avatar to enter, do not change it, until after the voting, folks can go back and check it out.

Three voting poll threads will open (1 for each category) on Sunday, at 8AM EST and close on Tuesday, at 8am EST. You may only vote for one in each thread. Hopefully, every member will be able to see & vote in the polls. Remember that all voters in the polls will remain anonymous.

There will also be a "Where's Jack-O" Mystery Halloween Picture!:confused: You may also post pictures of your favorite foods and snacks to share. Music and videos, are also welcome.

Losers, will clean up, and winners will be pampered at the coffee shop, on Tuesday! So work on your "costume" pictures, and Lara has offered to help, if you need it.
    It won't be a party, without you!:eek:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  13. Diane Lane

Registered

I think it might be a good idea in rural areas, or possibly in areas where it's too dangerous to go door to door. It would be more festive if the trunks or parking lot were decorated for the occasion. I have no doubt if they do it here in my neighborhood there will be alcohol (at least) involved, but not for the children.

14. Diane Lane

Registered

black cat witch gif.gif @Ike Willis I might have to post that on Facebook, I have a few peeps on there who might want to try that.

Ike Willis likes this.
  15. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

For all the angels in SO, remember that all things need a yearly check up.

image.jpeg