Gun Confiscation

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Martin Alonzo, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

The government is bent on restricting guns and then confiscation. They are going to make it a health hazard.

Although the medical system kills more people than guns by a few thousand that’s OK
    Rebrands Gun Control

Ike Willis likes this.
  2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

What a coincidence. This week, there were several news reports on killings with the use of guns. What's peculiar is that victims are minors and killers are not only minors as well but their siblings. There were 3 such cases where the kids were playing with the gun that accidentally fired off, hitting the younger sister. In another case, the younger brother was dead on the spot. Now, those loose guns in the house is the responsibility of the owner, particularly the father in those cases. There should be a law on that issue to prevent more occurrences of senseless deaths by licensed guns.

Ike Willis and Will Lawrence like this.
  3. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Once upon a time, in America, many schools taught safe gun handling, and even had shooting clubs. There were a lot fewer accidental shootings. Since then, liberals have gained in power and the gun has been made the evil culprit, rather than the evil person using the gun.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Our school offered gun safety courses but I had already done that in Boy Scouts so I didn't take it. High school let out for the first week of hunting season every year and throughout the season, there would be pickup trucks with gun racks in the student parking lot. No one panicked, and no one shot anyone.

5. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

My father-in-law was a gun lover and actually a champion target shooter during his heyday. He said that people, particularly children should be taught on the proper handling of the gun. Ignorance kills, he said, and most of the accident killings by guns are caused by ignorance. You don't play with the gun, that should be known by everyone. My husband and all his siblings were taught about guns that included firing.That is gun safety, my father-in-law said. But one thing I couldn't forget is this - do not aim your gun on anything unless you are ready to shoot.

Ike Willis likes this.
  6. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I spent one day in a gun shop looking to see a gun kill someone and it did not happen. It is not the gun but the person and if they cannot find a gun they will probably make a bomb. Anyone crazy enough to want to kill someone will find away. Banning guns is just an open invitation to anyone that wanted to harm you: you will not be able to stop them. If they want to make the world safe take all the guns from all the military, police, CIA, FBI. And all the security companies Than we all can feel safe.

Ike Willis likes this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I have a shotgun and a handgun and so far, during my nearly sixty-five years of life, I have killed a total of one thing with a gun. That was a chickadee that I shot with a shotgun when I was about ten or eleven, and I immediately felt bad about it. I don't hunt, although I have no objections to hunting, and I fully expect that I will never have to use either of my guns on a living thing. I have shredded several targets during my life, however. The hard facts are that we have a government here in the United States today that doesn't even want to keep us safe, setting aside the fact that government is unable to do so, so I believe that it would be irresponsible of me to be entirely defenseless. With rare exceptions, the police investigate crimes that have already been committed rather than preventing them. If someone comes for you in the night, the police won't be there, and if they are, there is a pretty good chance that they are the ones coming for you.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

While we did not have gun safety offered in school, most families that had guns were careful to teach their children about gun safety. We were taught to NEVER touch our parent's guns, and that people should always consider a gun to be loaded and ready to fire, even when we knew it was not supposed to be loaded.

There was a local rifle range, and many of us went there each week and learned how to handle weapons responsibly , and how to shoot at (and hit) targets.
    Our teachers were guys who had been in the military, and several of them were also school teachers, and they did an excellent job of teaching the children about guns.

Since most people also went hunting in the area where I grew up, our schools also lost a good share of the boys when hunting season started, and in high school, the pickups parked in the school lot often had gun racks in the back windows.
    We rarely heard of any kinds of hunting or shooting accident, and for many years, hunters didn't even wear the bright orange or yellow clothing that they now need to wear when out hunting. People didn't just shoot at anything that moved in the woods, and they could tell the difference between an elk and the farmer's cows.
    Now, you sometimes see news stories of hunters that have shot and killed someone's horse and don't know that it is not even the right animal.
    I always had a gun, up until the last few years, and I think that it is a good thing to know how to use a gun, and be able to protect yourself or your family when necessary.
    Especially when you live out of town, it is an important thing to be able to scare away predators when your pets or livestock are being threatened.
    We lost our beloved little Pom a few years back, and it is quite possible that she was taken by a marauding coyote or even a big hawk.
    If we had scared them off when they came around the trailer house, we might till have had our little Sheba Pom.